New Minn Kota Hydraulic Pole System

• thaddeus
    St. Cloud, MN

New Minn Kota product launch 6/29. This is what I could find…

“Minn Kota is releasing a new product this month named Raptor. It is a hydraulic pole system with active anchoring for constant contact with the bottom and has been in development for over three years. The product inspired over a million dollars in a test fixture to insure that the durability is above standards other products have. The new systems are in operation and you should see them in the market within days. We do have the original Raptor products in house also.”

Attachments:
    1. minn-kota.jpg

munchy
    NULL

so a Power-Pole??

Nooo….a RAPTOR!!! jester

I love how they focus more on the Million Dollar test fixture than what makes it better…. doah

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

What’s the point of this? I’ve never owned either Talon, or PP but why make a hydrolic version? Obviously there are people that like hydrolic over electrical powered poles but I can’t imagine it’s worth hopping into the other’s market. Just seems like a waste of time and money as I don’t see them taking customers from Power Poles with this.

thaddeus
    St. Cloud, MN

What’s the point of this? I’ve never owned either Talon, or PP but why make a hydrolic version? Obviously there are people that like hydrolic over electrical powered poles but I can’t imagine it’s worth hopping into the other’s market. Just seems like a waste of time and money as I don’t see them taking customers from Power Poles with this.

but now your Minn Kota and hydraulic anchor can talk to each other…haha I had the same thought. Talon sales must really have took a dive.

hawghunter08

I’ll judge it when I see the product and know the details. I can’t wait to see what they have to offer because I have thought about getting one of these options. Curious to see the pricing compared to what’s our there also. Bring it on

FryDog62

I think the Talons are hands down better than Power Poles – except for one thing… Talons weigh about twice as much PP. So maybe this is a lighter option (I’d like to see the specs).

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I think the Talons are hands down better than Power Poles – except for one thing… Talons weigh about twice as much PP. So maybe this is a lighter option (I’d like to see the specs).

Does that include the fluid and extra stuff you need inside your boat for the PP’s Frydog?

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

No experience with any of these anchors. But, possibly motivated by cost of manufacturing the Talon?? Just speculation, but the Talon doesn’t appear to be a cheap item to build.

Charles

Supposedly this is it.

Attachments:
    1. Raptor.jpg

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Seriously it’s a carbon copy. I heard PP’s 20 year patent was up and Minnkota slid in and made their own. Sure looks like they literally copied it.

Again, I have no skin in the PP vs Talon game but it just doesn’t make sense to me unless MinnKota wasn’t feeling like the Talon was standing up to PP.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Maybe they just want to expand their market in the shallow anchors. Plus if you have humminbirds and a minn kota bow mount, adding a talon or raptor links up with them. Its like a “whole boat” operating system working as one.

You’re right though, it sure does look like a power pole to me.

michael keehr

I wonder if it had to do with the fact you can put paddles on the power pole to aid in slowing a drift and you cannot on a talon. I have a talon and many time wish I had the power pole blade.

DR

Don’t know what the fuss is about. They are going to be similar to the PP, maybe with a few tweaks. Honda outboards were the first (I think) to offer a 4 stroke. Now all offer them. I think it’s a good move for Minnkota to give their customers a choice.

munchy
    NULL

It was there then gone.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20200626-122641_Chrome.jpg

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Don’t know what the fuss is about. They are going to be similar to the PP, maybe with a few tweaks. Honda outboards were the first (I think) to offer a 4 stroke. Now all offer them. I think it’s a good move for Minnkota to give their customers a choice.

Here’s the reason it’s a strange move. There are Talon owners and there are PP owners and they do not mix. I don’t think Minnkota is going to find PP owners jumping brands just because they have made the same product. Especially because PP customer service is said to be top notch.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.