New bibs and jacket

• brian schultz
    Minot, ND

Im looking at retiring my carharts and going with a ice fishing suit. I have been looking at the clam or striker gear suit. They both float and that is a big plus. Anyone one have any experience with either one of these suits. Im leaning with the striker just, because I’m short and the pants can be adjusted so much with the striker.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

I have the Striker Predator bibs and jacket.
    Best gear I’ve ever owned. The jacket is plenty warm and I rarely wear it when hole hopping unless its sub zero temps
    Lots of pockets in both the bibs and jacket

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

Climate suit here, best money I’ve invested in as far as my ice gear is concerned removable inner layers for those milder days. Zippered underarms and zippers to waist along with built in hand towels make them tough to beat!

andypetterson
    Clear Lake, Mn.

I have the Striker predator and it is the perfect fit for my fishing style. Perfect for the run and gun, plenty of breathing so none of them cold sweats. If you tend to get cold easier, then Id suggest the Climate. But I can honestly say Ive never been cold in my predator suit, but also tend not to get cold too easy.

schoff
    S.E., SD

Striker Climate all the way! Very versatile with the ability to remove the liners from the parka and the bibs.

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

I have the striker climate Bibs and they’re awesome. I find that the liner can actually be a bit too warm on an average cold day so it’s good that it’s removable. They’re so warm that I can get away with a lighter jacket most days.

My only complaint would be that the length adjustment is not that great for my size/weight. I’m a stocky guy and in order to get Bibs that fit around my chest/belly I had to get a larger size–which meant the legs are too long. I’ve adjusted them all the way up but still sometimes find myself dragging the cuffs on the ground. For reference I’m 5’10” and about 225#.

Even with that, I would still buy another pair tomorrow if I had to.

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, MN

Clam’s Ice armor suits have been totally redesigned this year. Bibs also come with an adjustable leg now for us shorter guys! Padded, 1000D Ballistic Nylon knees is also a huge upgrade I’m looking forward to for that jagged first ice.

Tony Meyers

I went from the old, grey Frabill suit to a Striker Climate at the end of last year. The climate suit is awesome. Flexibility with liners in both and adjustable legs, warmest thing out there with the liners in. I usually don’t use the bib liners, but wear the two layers on top, separated, so I can lose the outer jacket when warmer.

andypetterson
    Clear Lake, Mn.

Ice armor suits are the exact same as the striker suit without the bells and whistles. Same designer and everything.. Stick with the original..

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

Ice armor suits are the exact same as the striker suit without the bells and whistles. Same designer and everything.. Stick with the original..

Correct, on the same designer. Clam nabbed him from Striker. The new suits are nice. However, my 7 year old grey Frabill suit has never let me down and I use it A LOT. Take care of your stuff and all of these top end suits are nice.

Andrew Byers
    Allegan, MI

Check out the Expedition Outdoors Sikre suit if your interested in an awesome suit!

Tyler Warner

I would own a Striker Suit if I could afford it. Nobody near by carries them so the shipping from the states is ridiculous.

Got a cheap deal on some Rapala bibs that are comfortable and warm. Just don’t float. They’ll have to do for now. At least better than my Under Armour ski pants and way better than my hunting bibs that just collected snow all the time.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Hoping to get a deal at the ice fishing show in a few weeks.All I need are the bibs so hope i can find a good price on them.

smackemup
    North Metro

I have the striker predator bibs and jacket, which I believe is the cheaper option from striker, I love them and will be using them for many years to come. I have the jacket too, but 90% of the time I don’t use it, I prefer a sweatshirt; but with the full suit on I just don’t see myself being cold, ever

Steve Sr

Of all the suits mentioned here, is there much difference in the physical weight from one to another? Old and half crippled up the less weight I have hanging from my shoulders allows for more time to fish without unwanted pain in my severely damaged low back. Thanks in advance and Good Fishing!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.