My Friend

• mike means

My best friend at 2 a.m. this morning passed away at almost 15 years of age. He was my BEST FRIEND. Always there with a wag of the tail, or a complimentary kiss for a good shot, always willing to point a bird (Rabbit Sometimes) and always there for me. Here are some pics of this wonderous friend:

Tristan, I will always love you and your passion.

Thank-you,

Mike

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

I’m sorry for your loss. Non dog owners will never understand. Tristan is never going to be replaced…just another dog will be in her spot.

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

Im very sorry to hear of your loss.

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

Quote:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together….

Author unknown…

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Sorry to hear about this. I lost my Vizsla last winter and it is a horrible thing to go through. I feel for you and will say a prayer for you and your family tonight.

wallster
    Austin, MN

Sorry for the loss of such a great companion.
    Wallster ><((((>

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Sorry to hear the sad news.
    We are lucky to have at least one great companion & friend of this sort in our lifetime.

moler02
    Iowa, Knoxville

Good you have the great pictures. Very sorry

mike means

Thanks guys. Some of you got the honor to hunt with him. I and him will always remember those days. God Speed my friend.

Mike

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I know your pain… I lost my first Viszla 4 years ago…I still think of him. Here is the younger version…We love the heck out of him too.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

It’s amazing the Love an animal can give a human. It’s like no other Love. They’re always there for you and always happier to see you than anyone else on this earth.

As sad as you are right now, I’m sure you wouldn’t give up the time you had together for anything in this world. Take care.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

It’s amazing the Love an animal can give a human. It’s like no other Love. They’re always there for you and always happier to see you than anyone else on this earth.

As sad as you are right now, I’m sure you wouldn’t give up the time you had together for anything in this world. Take care.

x2. Sorry to hear of the loss of your best pal!

jeff-pb-crappie-16.5
    SW Michigan

I am so sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel. I lost my best friend in april.

philput
    Knoxville, IL.

Enjoy the memories celebrate his death!! theres nothn funner than a day spent with a great dog!! Im sure he made you proud!! God Bless a workn dog.

pete meister
    Nebraska

Sorry Mike but look at as time to find a new buddy!

mroberts
    Nebraska

Sorry for your loss Mike.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Terrible news, Mike, I’ve been sad about it since I got your text. I sure enjoyed that good ol pooch when I visited, thought he was a hoot. Take care–

pdl
    Bayport/St. Croix/Otsego/Grand Rapids

Been about 20 years since we put Holly and Lady together to forever chase each other over and under the fences at Grampa’s old meadow, which became Dad’s tree farm. They’re all gone now and we are sorry to hear about your loss.
    In the past two weeks, the stepson of friends who took over the place was married directly above Lady’s unmarked grave and I had the good fortune to pup-sit Sandy for other friends, with her at my side in the basement during a fierce T-storm.
    Yes, life does go on. Hold on tight to the memories. Try to give your next pet as much of the love you gave the last.
    If the thought of outliving another weighs too heavy, consider adopting a stream of pups in a socialization program for a service dog organization. You say goodbye to the adolescent animal about the time you get the next one.
    We haven’t had to watch a pet grow old for almost two decades.

mike means

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers. My wife, Izzy and I really appreciate it. He will be missed and thought of.

Mike

Todd_NE

Sorry Mike. Lost a 5 yr old and a 15 yr old dog not long ago.

If you loved em up, took ’em hunting and lived life with them like I think don’t underestimate how lucky your dog was too.

“We are the lucky ones that we share our lives with them. We remember their retrieves, their gallant but unfulfilled retrieves, and their shear joy to go, go hunting, go anywhere. Their points where there were no birds but of course there were. We share our sandwiches in the blind, our cookies and at duck camp they sleep next to us when we can get away with it. They protect our children and wives when we are gone without them. When they are gone from this world our hands miss the scruff of neck by our chairs, the wagging tail when we get home at night and as we drive down roads and enter fields we remember the hunts before. The empty dog box and new seasons without them make us tear. But we are no less a man for this. A new pup may or may not take the place of an old warrior who at the end had failed eyesight, hearing and hips. But with time we carry on, and we realize life without a hunting dog to go afield with isn’t really a life worth having. A man that has never had a dog that was his partner, well that man would be tough to have as a friend.”

goosehntr

Sorry for your loss. Not to long ago i lost my choclate lab. Amazing how they adapt to family. Spencer (old lab) began to have selective hearing as soon as he met my wife, i no longer existed untill i mentioned a ride or got the Benelli from the gun safe. Enjoy the memories that you shared toghether. You both learned from one another. One day you will meet up in the happy hunting grounds for one last point or a fine blind retrieve. My sympathy is with you and your family

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.