Fishing activity Lincoln Lakes

• jkarr

I just had a new baby about a month ago and so I only get out every once in a while now to fish. I was wondering if any of you could suggest the best lake to go to around lincoln that you will see lots of action. Fish for catfish mostly and panfish. I usually head to wagon train but the muskrats are building dams and seem to be scarring off the fish. Any advice would be helpfull. I fish from the bank no boat.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

My advise to you would be to PM Walleyetracker and offer him a case of Old Millwakee Light to take you out for a morning. And if Ben won’t drink it then I may have to take it off his hands

jason-cyboron
    Lincoln, NE

One of the most over looked lakes is Holmes Lake. It was just renovated, but was stock with larger bass. I take my two and four year olds out there with some worms and have pretty steady action. Mostly bluegill. I have a friend whose son is a little older and they throw crankbaits and say they catch a lot of bass. Some as big as 16″. I’ve heard other guys say they’ve caught 18″ bass. It might be worth checking out.

Jason

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I’ve been happy with the luck I’ve had at Wagon Train and at Branched Oak this last week!! The cooler weather it starting to lower water temps and forage is starting to thin out some too!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.