Need some auger help.

• WK

Im in the market for a new ice auger. Im looking at the Honda lite, Lazer pro or the Chipper magnum 8″. I want something lightweight and will last many seasons. Also any idea how many seasons blades/chippers last before they need to be replaced? Thanks for the info!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Whatever you decide on shop around for price and then go to L&M Fleet Supply’s website. I can almost guarantee you they’ll be at least $100 cheaper than anyone else.

And…..free shipping

AaronMoore

What type of fisherman are you? run and gun, few holes a day , walker, sled/atv? If you have a auger now what don;t you like about it? Also give if a few weeks and the prices will drop ;)

WK

I drill prob around 20 holes each time out…. I walk mostly pulling my nanook. i roam around but wouldnt consider myself a run/gun type.. I just sold a jiffy stx 9″. had it for 10 years. did a good job but just want something lighter.

TripleA
    Blaine

Id get the Honda lite. again

Egts

If your only drilling 20 holes per outing, and want the lightest weight auger out there, look at a K Drill & a cordless Milwaukee 18v fuel drill with the 4ah lithium ion batteries. I have the 8″ version and can drill 25-26 holes in 12-13″ of ice per battery. Drills just as fast and my Strikemaster Lazer but only weighs 9 lbs. I’m not trying to sound erogant, but there is nothing else available that will drill an 8″ hole as fast, even at twice the weight. If you get the 6″ version, I’m sure you’d be at 30+ holes per battery. I’m still a gas auger guy, but for fishing thin ice (4-12″) this thing is incredible. I will be adding a Tanaka powerhead and I will have a 17 lb gas auger that drills at nearly the same speed as a Nils Master, but I can open up old holes.

John Van Cleave

Love my lazer pro, fast light, but expensive. The chipper light is a good unit just slower than the twin bladed lazer. The honda lite is a very nice auger, but again expensive. The chipper blades are more durable than the lazers but again, lazer is way faster.

AaronMoore

I had the strikemaster lazer pro, sold it for a ION. I fish the same way as you do

Kent Tau

Blade life is dependent on how much holes you drill and how you take care of it.
    I have the lazor mag which has plenty of power and haven’t had any issued. I also have the honda lite 8″ from 2013 that just died on me yesterday. Seems theres no spark. Spark plug is flooded. This is the second time I had issues with my honda lite and for many reasons. Will be bringing it to Drock tomorrow.
    IMO with my experience I would stick to 2 strokes.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

If your only drilling 20 holes per outing, and want the lightest weight auger out there, look at a K Drill & a cordless Milwaukee 18v fuel drill with the 4ah lithium ion batteries. I have the 8″ version and can drill 25-26 holes in 12-13″ of ice per battery. Drills just as fast and my Strikemaster Lazer but only weighs 9 lbs. I’m not trying to sound erogant, but there is nothing else available that will drill an 8″ hole as fast, even at twice the weight. If you get the 6″ version, I’m sure you’d be at 30+ holes per battery. I’m still a gas auger guy, but for fishing thin ice (4-12″) this thing is incredible. I will be adding a Tanaka powerhead and I will have a 17 lb gas auger that drills at nearly the same speed as a Nils Master, but I can open up old holes.

I agree 100% with the K-drill. For 14-15″ of ice or less its the cats meow! I have also heard many great things about the Honda Lite and I will be picking one of these up yet this year.

olso2063
    NULL

Lithium lazer. Cuts like butter currently 449$ at L&M online.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.