Need Some Advice

• Go Spuds

Fellas-long time reader-1st post. Need some help

I bought(First time boat buyer) a used 2013 Lund/115 Merc…loaded boat from a dealer. They did disclose when I bought it that there was a leak issue but lund repaired and the owner used a few more years. Boat is well taken care of, it is obvious. Anyway first trip on the water was Saturday–everything was awesome-great day. Pull the plug once trailered and a lot of water came–I mean I walked to the live well, pulled that plug and the well finished draining before the boat. Anyway-call dealer–he is great, says bring it in etc. Its used-but there is a 45 day full warranty. My question is at what point do I worry that the prob might not be fixable and what can I expect or what can I advocate for from the dealer. I also dont wanna be without a boat in what I feel is the best 4-6 weeks of fishing upcoming.

anyway-thus far i have zero reason to be concerned as the dealer has been fantastic. thanks in advance

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Welcome to the site…
    While the history of the boat and previous owner sure does point to a “leak” in the boat, I would check your live well and more importantly the overflow of the live well. The reason why I say this is that I’ve seen it many times where THAT is the issue and that’s why the boat is filling with water.

Did you run your live well on Saturday? Did you notice it being really full at any point?

Go Spuds

Yeah the well was full–had to be, it was filled with walleyes!

huskerdu

Here’s what I would do:
    On trailer fill livewell / bait well with water , see if water comes out of drain – if nothing step 2
    Shut off bilge pump, may need to discont battery
    Put plug in add water to hull see if it leaks onto ground.
    Then you know were the problem is.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I hope you were on the river.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brandon Yoney wrote:</div>

I hope you were on the river.

He might have been in Wisconsin,,,,

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Here’s what I would do:
    On trailer fill livewell / bait well with water , see if water comes out of drain – if nothing step 2
    Shut off bilge pump, may need to discont battery
    Put plug in add water to hull see if it leaks onto ground.
    Then you know were the problem is.

Bingo… Do that and report back with what you find. You will find the problem this way for sure!! I am curious.

Ivan Knapp

Check the seal under the livewell lid between the plastic tank and the wood decking. If that seal is bad you get a whole lot coming in the boat fast in rough water. Mine filled up almost level to the floor on one trip in 2 foot waves before they found the problem. If you need to know how to check it let me know

Go Spuds

Check the seal under the livewell lid between the plastic tank and the wood decking. If that seal is bad you get a whole lot coming in the boat fast in rough water. Mine filled up almost level to the floor on one trip in 2 foot waves before they found the problem. If you need to know how to check it let me know

Yeah Ill take any info I can get!

folke2000

My livewell pump cracked and was allowing the boat to fill with water. Replaced the pump and problem solved. Hopefully you issue is as easy!

Ivan Knapp

Fill your live well full to the overflow. Then you have to raise the front of the boat as high as you can and lower it fast then back up to get the water sloshing in the livewell. They used a tractor and loader on mine. When they raised it the first time the water just poured out between the tank and plywood. This was a new boat and I used it 3 times in Lake Mich. They removed the plywood over the tank and Lund told them to install a new gasket but with my OK they silconed it really good and it never leaked again. When I first found it I noticed the boat nose diving into the waves. I pulled the plug at home and it ran water out for almost 20 mins.DO NOT Drop it when doing this

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.