Need kitchen cabinet installer. NE metro.

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

My sister has a townhome in White Bear and she said despite the pending end of the world, she’s not going to go out with her crappy old 1980s kitchen cabinets. So, no kidding, she went in and ordered new kitchen cabinets today. Sister is (of all things) an archeologist, so when she’s not getting chased by giant rolling boulders or dodging poison darts, etc, she works from home and is tried of hating her kitchen.

So… Predictably, it became my job to find the installer. I don’t have time to do it myself because Mrs. Grouse has me locked down on other projects.

The townhome has a small kitchen with a simple L layout. I can send pics of the existing setup. I will demo/remove the existing kitchen and move appliances. This is strictly an install job, base and uppers, and you get to put back the above-stove microwave too, because I hate those things.

Must be experienced with kitchen installs. I’ll be there watching like a hawk. Everything must be straight, plumb, and level, no rigging jobs.

If you can do laminate countertop installs that would be awesome. Extra pay plus a 12 pack of beer as your signing bonus.

This will be a straight cash homie deal and by cash I mean cash-cash as in green bills with pictures of dead presidents. Happy to have install on nights, weekends, whatever.

Anyone? Anyone know anyone?

Many thanks.

Grouse

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Laminate? ewwwwwww! Sounds like the townhouse my daughter is buying, I’m already planning on ripping out the existing kitchen and getting rid of the built-in electric ovens,,,,

Post pics, always interested in others builds.

HRG

David Blais

If your going to watch. May as well instal them yourself

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Get the guy who builds them to install them. Nothing worse then trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Get the guy who builds them to install them. Nothing worse then trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

She is getting cabinets from a big box store. MIL got same brand and actually they are pretty well built.

Laminate tops are a financial decision, not everyone can afford Stone and solid surface is just as much.

Grouse

Deuces

Mr.Grouse and his family are great to work with. Done a few projects with them and all wonderful people who appreciate good work.

Wish I had a lead for ya Jay but all my contractors have their custom cabinet guys install their own.

Dutch you’d be surprised how many Ikea cabinets are going into very nice homes around the city.

Tell your sis good on her for going with it, gonna put food on some peoples table thru all this virus stuff.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Install is super easy (if the walls are halfway straight). I used to install cabinets for a couple contractors and companies and I still make them on my spare time. If she just ordered them I am guessing they will be in 4-6 weeks? I don’t think I would have the time to do the job but could help talk you through it. But then again in 4-6 weeks I might have all the time in the world and other contractors may also.

Deuces

Good call rodwork. Cities start shutting down inspectors you’ll have 50 installers at your door in couple weeks.

bobberstop4054

best way to do it is dutchs recommendation unless its a cookie cutter house

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Grouse I had custom cabinets made by someone I know and trust. He used guys that he knows to install them. If you would like I can contact him and get there info. My FIL was there and said they did a great job and he is super picky. I live in Blaine so I assume they would go to White Bear.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.