Need help finding open water for duck hunting

• jetdriver
    Hudson WI

I hunt a lot out of Bay City. The ramp there freezes up early. Broke thru 1 1/2-2 in of ice there last Friday. Weekend was better with the other people there.
    Have hunted Maiden Rock some. Kind of a pain wrestling the boat on and off there.
    Thinking about going to Stockholm tomorrow to scout that out. Any other recommendations?
    I live in Spring Valley WI and would like to keep the drive under an hour each way.

Thanks

404 ERROR
    MN

Saw a couple duck boats using the Stockholm access this last weekend. There wasn’t much for birds other than Mergansers on the lake, and there were thousands of them. A few small groups of Buffies and Mallards, but very sparse.

jetdriver
    Hudson WI

Thanks. Friend of mine drove by a couple weeks ago and said it might be flooded in Stockholm. Will have to go scout it. Looks like a spot with good cover might be hard to find looking at google maps.

jetdriver
    Hudson WI

Went to Stockholm Friday afternoon. You weren’t kidding about the mergansers. Never saw that many in my life!
    Heading back down there in a few hours. Hopefully have more golden eye buzz the decoys today.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

jetdriver:

You have mail…

Mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.