Navionics speed disappears in landscape mode

• pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Running Navionics on a Samsung Galaxy tab with GPS. In portrait mode my speed is clearly displayed across the top of the screen, but it disappears in landscape mode. This is a big bummer because I don’t have room to mount it in portrait mode on my console. Any ideas? Have explored menus but have not found a way to get this to change. Frustrating.

Mr Big Eves
    Prior Lake, MN

Are you seeing the speed disappear only when you hit “Start” and track your route and distance? I see the same thing on my phone and tablet but only when I track my routes.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Are you seeing the speed disappear only when you hit “Start” and track your route and distance? I see the same thing on my phone and tablet but only when I track my routes.

Nope, not tracking.

Kirt
    Lakeville

You will lose most of the screen if they allowed it be shown in landscape mode

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

You will lose most of the screen if they allowed it be shown in landscape mode

Looks like they came up with a perfectly good solution for the iPad version so why not android? Ugh.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3899.png

Mr Big Eves
    Prior Lake, MN

Odd, I tested this yesterday on my Samsung phone (S7 Edge) and tablet (S4), portrait and landscape showed the speed as stated earlier. But instantly disappears when enabling route tracking.

Maybe try updating the app? If it is updated, delete and re-download? Worth a shot…

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Odd, I tested this yesterday on my Samsung phone (S7 Edge) and tablet (S4), portrait and landscape showed the speed as stated earlier. But instantly disappears when enabling route tracking.

Maybe try updating the app? If it is updated, delete and re-download? Worth a shot…

Thanks for the ideas. I’ll play around with it more this weekend and see if I Can get it display.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.