My experience with “the big C”

• LabDaddy1

Well, I guess it was finally my turn.

I started feeling a little off about 9-10 days ago. That lasted a couple days. Then Sunday night it hit me like a freight train. Over about an hour period I went from just feeling slightly out of it and tired to full on body aches, headache, fever/chills(100.3 was highest temp, so low-grade). Over next two days felt like your run of the mill flu with those aforementioned symptoms.

Day 3 felt much better with just some fatigue and a slight dry cough. The last 2 days have been about the same, feeling good enough to do a little exercise on the stairs and play with the dog. Now last night and today I have been getting progressively worse cold-like symptoms like chest tightness, slight cough, and very plugged up nose/ears and watery eyes. Like a head cold mixed with allergies.

This has been the weirdest roller coaster of side effects I’ve ever had, like a hybrid cold/flu. I figured it was covid but couldn’t get in anywhere for a test until this Wednesday. Just got results in the middle of the night last night and yup, positive. I’m guessing this is the much talked about “omicron” variant considering the mildness of it overall.

Just figured I would share my experience. What have you all or your close friends/relatives who have had it or currently have it experienced?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

my wife tested positive a month ago working among sick people. she was in rough shape for a week or so. me and my kids never got bit with any symptoms all under the same roof in the car etc. i am pretty sure i had it before it started hot and heavy in 2020. never lost taste and smell but it was the weirdest cold/flu i have ever had. like a roller coaster of aches, sweats, and a cough that would not go away. couple months later and it was all over the news.
    i think anyone that gets sick now will be able to tell what it is without a test. either way stay home and don’t get others sick but i guarantee some will still come in no matter what because they either don’t care or the employers are short so they make you come in anyway.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I just went through a nasty hot sweat freezing cold sickness for 3 days. I took 2 covid at hone tests, neither were positive. I got home from work and put a hoodie and sweatpants, I thought I was freezing with a big comforter on me. Figured I had covid, both my tests on day 2 and 4 said no. The other 3 in my house have the same cold, but it’s confirmed covid. Same tests at home.

matthewkolden

My daughter (5) had covid over christmas break from school. She had a couple days of nasty cough, then runny nose and sniffles for a couple days, and that was it.

My wife and I never tested positive… My daughter slept in our bed, I had shared food and drink with her, I kissed her goodnight every night. So how we never got it is beyond me. My son also never got it. Daughter is fine now it seems. Unfortunately, I have a friend who’s father is currently in the hospital with it. He was doing fine until suddenly his oxygen levels dropped through the floor. Now it’s not looking so good.

munchy
    NULL

And here I was thinking this was gonna be another Cabela’s bashing thread….carry on!

grizzly
    nebraska

Not trying to start a pissing match just curious if any of you that got this crap got any of the shots? Like I said just curious if the shots helped at all from this crap. Hope you all are better

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Been sick since thu. Low fever and the worst body aches I have ever experienced. My skin was so sensative clothes hurt. Bad chills the first two days. I have been down for The count. Day 4 today and I fee a little better. Fever still present but my aches are less but now I have the worst sore throat. Like swallowing razor blades. Still stuck on the couch. Haven’t had a good night’s sleep since this started. I sure hope this clears up soon. Not leaving the house for so long is horrible.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

question…….so you guys with the symptoms, have you taken any over the counter type meds to help with said symptoms?????

does it help if you did???? just curious. i have not to this point knowningly got it, only a matter of time IMO, just thought i’d ask??????

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Not trying to start a pissing match just curious if any of you that got this crap got any of the shots? Like I said just curious if the shots helped at all from this crap. Hope you all are better

I do not have any shots. And I didn’t get it. Our neighbors are vaxed and all 3 of them got it, probably from our kids playing over there before we new they were sick, or maybe they gave it to us. But not vaxed and did not get it. Ben exposed many times now. I guess I’m the lucky one.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

question…….so you guys with the symptoms, have you taken any over the counter type meds to help with said symptoms?????

does it help if you did???? just curious. i have not to this point knowningly got it, only a matter of time IMO, just thought i’d ask??????

Pounding vit c,d,zinc and high doses of quercetin. Lots of advil then Tylenol for the pain. I don’t know what I have but I can’t remember the last time I was this sick. At least no barfing.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Been sick since thu. Low fever and the worst body aches I have ever experienced. My skin was so sensative clothes hurt. Bad chills the first two days. I have been down for The count. Day 4 today and I fee a little better. Fever still present but my aches are less but now I have the worst sore throat. Like swallowing razor blades. Still stuck on the couch. Haven’t had a good night’s sleep since this started. I sure hope this clears up soon. Not leaving the house for so long is horrible.

That is very similar to how I felt as well. My chills were awful. I was freezing under a heated blanket, I was cold as ice but sweating like no other. But it only lasted 3 days. And now I just have a minor cold.

stout93
    Becker MN

i think anyone that gets sick now will be able to tell what it is without a test. either way stay home and don’t get others sick but i guarantee some will still come in no matter what because they either don’t care or the employers are short so they make you come in anyway.

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t get this whole testing thing. There’s talk about people going in and getting tested every week, no symptom’s..they are just so terrified that they need to know if they’re positive or not. I mean, if you are sick, don’t you assume you’re positive? Why go out and get tested? I guess it’s just me…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I felt like crap last Wednesday, terrible cough, got in to doc Thursday am cause I have history of bronchitis. Tested positive, oh boy. I’m fully vaccinated and boosted, and I’m glad, cause this cough was as bad as I’ve had, chest felt tight, short breath. I’m much better, but would not enjoy going through that again

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eyeguy507 wrote:</div>

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t get this whole testing thing. There’s talk about people going in and getting tested every week, no symptom’s..they are just so terrified that they need to know if they’re positive or not. I mean, if you are sick, don’t you assume you’re positive? Why go out and get tested? I guess it’s just me…

Im not testing. Just sick and deaLing with it like always.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

my wife tested positive a month ago working among sick people. she was in rough shape for a week or so. me and my kids never got bit with any symptoms all under the same roof in the car etc. i am pretty sure i had it before it started hot and heavy in 2020. never lost taste and smell but it was the weirdest cold/flu i have ever had. like a roller coaster of aches, sweats, and a cough that would not go away. couple months later and it was all over the news.

My Daughter works at St. Paul’s Children’s Hospital. She was told that if you have Covid but do not have a sore throat you are expected to be at work.

stout93
    Becker MN

My Daughter works at St. Paul’s Children’s Hospital. She was told that if you have Covid but do not have a sore throat you are expected to be at work.

LOL! And they fired 700 staff at the Mayo for not getting vaxxed…..you can’t make it up…well I guess the CDC can make up anything they want..

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eyeguy507 wrote:</div>

Before this covid thing going in to work when not feeling a 100 percent was just called good work ethic. I hadn’t had a sick day in 6 years. Just took cold and flu meds and worked my butt off. Now they don’t even allow kids in school if they have a sniffle.
    I took a test because the woman had a bunch of home tests from work or something, it came up negative so I took another a few days later because I for sure thought I caught the virus.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I was positive the first week of December. I got it from my kid who got it at his daycare. Every kid had a runny nose and a cough that week. It’s a cess pool there.

I received a booster the week of Thanksgiving so there was about a 10 day gap before I got sick.

I normally don’t get very sick. I constantly get minor symptoms from colds every winter, but this was much worse. Headaches, sore throat, fever of 102, loss of taste, cough, congestion. The worst were the headaches. They would just pulsate for hours even after taking pain reliever.

All of my symptoms went away except for the congestion after 5 days. The congestion lasted for weeks. My sleep really suffered because I was so plugged up at night.

Good luck to everyone with sicknesses and viruses. May you have a speedy and full recovery. It’s not any fun being sick.

My Grandfather died of cancer in 2012 and before he died he often said “If you don’t have your health, you don’t have much.”

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I was positive the first week of December. I got it from my kid who got it at his daycare. Every kid had a runny nose and a cough that week. It’s a cess pool there.

I received a booster the week of Thanksgiving so there was about a 10 day gap before I got sick.

I normally don’t get very sick. I constantly get minor symptoms from colds every winter, but this was much worse. Headaches, sore throat, fever of 102, loss of taste, cough, congestion. The worst were the headaches. They would just pulsate for hours even after taking pain reliever.

All of my symptoms went away except for the congestion after 5 days. The congestion lasted for weeks. My sleep really suffered because I was so plugged up at night.

Good luck to everyone with sicknesses and viruses. May you have a speedy and full recovery. It’s not any fun being sick.

My Grandfather died of cancer in 2012 and before he died he often said “If you don’t have your health, you don’t have much.”

Freakin Miracle!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Is this something you’ve used EPG? I used some prescription nasal spray and it helps for a period of time but often I would wake up during the night plugged up after it wore off. Sudafed helped too but you have to sign for it at the pharmacy and they think I’m using it to make meth.

The air is so freaking dry this time of year too. I run a humidifier in the bedroom daily but it’s still very dry and my nose can feel it.

Ripjiggen

I just went through a nasty hot sweat freezing cold sickness for 3 days. I took 2 covid at hone tests, neither were positive. I got home from work and put a hoodie and sweatpants, I thought I was freezing with a big comforter on me. Figured I had covid, both my tests on day 2 and 4 said no. The other 3 in my house have the same cold, but it’s confirmed covid. Same tests at home.

You had it. At home test are not that accurate. Hopefully you stayed away from work.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Is this something you’ve used EPG? I used some prescription nasal spray and it helps for a period of time but often I would wake up during the night plugged up after it wore off. Sudafed helped too but you have to sign for it at the pharmacy and they think I’m using it to make meth.

The air is so freaking dry this time of year too. I run a humidifier in the bedroom daily but it’s still very dry and my nose can feel it.

Yes I do and it’s amazing.
    I’ll never use nasal sprays anymore. They work well temporarily, but they are difficult to quit, almost an addiction.

steelslinger71

Bearcat I think Ripjiggen is right. Back in early August 2021 I was tested twice for Covid and both came back negative. I just knew because of the weird symptoms I had I was sure I had it. I had to wait five weeks at that time and then I took the antibody test and yep it came back positive that I had it. There never was any doubt in my mind.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Yes I do and it’s amazing.
    I’ll never use nasal sprays anymore. They work well temporarily, but they are difficult to quit, almost an addiction.

Well alright then, thanks much, sounds like something I definitely need to use then. All of the nasal sprays say not to use for more than 3 days in a row because they can actually make it worse.

robby
    Quad Cities

If you get any respiratory symptoms I suggest you contact your personal Physician, NP, PA, and speak to them about some of the treatments/medications that are available. Do not wait to seek treatment until it gets really bad, respiratory wise. I am not suggesting you to to the ER unless you must, we are totally inundated right now. But do not wait, get the meds earlier than later. My 15 y/o daughter just tested positive, timing could not be worse. Recent family death. God Bless and my prayers for a speedy recovery. Sorry for the unsolicited advise.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Freakin Miracle!

NasaFlo Neti Pot Porcelain with 50 Packets

The Nasaflo neti pot is awesome. It really does clear out the sinuses.

grizzly
    nebraska

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Eelpoutguy wrote:</div>
    Freakin Miracle!

made my own years ago using warm water and salt. Works great

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Youngest boy had it ,unvacced . And he damn near died. Smoker and a drinker . No health insurance . Has big problems in his legs with blood clots . I was worried, but he pulled through. My sister unvacced got it from work and lost her sense of taste and smell for over 6 months . Myself vacced and boosted ,nothing so far . My take if it helps me from getting death bed sick , been vacced since a baby in the fifties , I figure they work.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Eelpoutguy wrote:</div>
    Freakin Miracle!

I checked that thing out based on clicking on EPG’s post.

Looks like a different version of water boarding. blush whistling

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘My experience with “the big C”’ is closed to new replies.