MX 2040 Transducer placement

• Phil Ames

Where are you guys mounting your transducer on these boats? Are you having them glassed in the hull? Mounted in the cut out on the transmon? That looks like the ideal spot for side scanning transducers. I have always had better luck with the transducer/s mounted on the out side of the transom, ecspecially when wanting to be able to mark fish at speed (15-30mph). I have my ideas, but curious as to what you all are doing?

JoeMX1825
    MN

The SBC boys will chime in on where they mount the SI ducers for that model…

for the 2D sonar ducer, I would recommend glassing one in the rear bildge area (if there isn’t one already there from the factory) and then using the splitter cable, that way you get good fast speed readings and optimal SI/DI readings…

Bryan Myers

Hey Phil here’s a pic of a normal set up that we would rig on a mx2040. This boat has two hummingbird thru hulls and one lowrance thru hull.

Attachments:
    1. image16.jpg

carver
    West Metro

You got a pic of where the 3 thru hulls are located?

Bryan Myers

I will try to get a picture of them tomorrow for you. Sometimes there really buried and hard to see but I’ll try to get a pic.

hookinupwalleye
    NULL

Hey Phil here’s a pic of a normal set up that we would rig on a mx2040. This boat has two hummingbird thru hulls and one lowrance thru hull.

Bryan – Any chance you would be willing to share a similar pic showing where you normally place the Lowrance LSS transducer on a WX2190?

Bryan Myers

Carver here is the pic of 3 thru hulls in the mx2040.

Attachments:
    1. image19.jpg

Bryan Myers

Hookinupwalleye I will see if I can find a 2190 with an LSS transducer on it tomorrow and snap a pic of it.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bryan Myers wrote:</div>

Bryan – Any chance you would be willing to share a similar pic showing where you normally place the Lowrance LSS transducer on a WX2190?

Here is a shot of where the LSS ducer is mounted on a WX2190

Attachments:
    1. lowrance-SS.jpg

2. lowrance-SS-2.jpg

Phil Ames

Calvin, Brian
    What kind of speeds can you mark fish with those thru hull transducers? How do you handel the deadrise in the hull, to get the transducer level? I currently run a tin boat and my transducers are on the outside of the transom. I can mark fish at 30 mph on a calm day. I have the LSS transducer on the port side of my boat, and my side scan doesn’t mark real well to the starboard side because of the main motor and the kicker are mounted to the starboard side. Can a transducer mounting board be mounted in the cut out area (I like mounting a board, so that I can move things and not have to worry about more holes in the transom) for transducer mounting? I am asking, because the 2040 has the main motor/kicker mounted on the transom and I think I would run into the same issue I have now. Could the same be done on the 2060? My thinking is that I want get the LSS ducer as low in the water as possible to get the best performance from it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.