MX 1825 wet compartments

• Mark Hansen

Anyone figure out how to keep storage compartments dry including glove box? Happens in heavy rain, when taking water over the bow, and/or trailering in rain.

Karry Kyllo

I don’t have a MX 1825 but I have the same issue in my Lund (except my glove box stays dry) and I don’t have an answer. I store my boat inside and I’ve just gotten into the habit of taking the tarp off and opening all of the compartments to dry out when I get home from fishing, opening the shed doors for increased airflow when I can. Wet compartments really suck.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Ranger has fixed that problem with a rubber gasket and a drainage cavity around the outside edge of every storage compartment. I fish a lot in the rain and I don’t get wet compartments. Evidently lund and skeeter haven’t figure it out yet.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I leave all my compartments open while storing in between use. The glove box is probably the most annoying.

JoeMX1825
    MN

What year MX1825? My 2013 stays dry, another thing you can do is add a thick line of silicone around the compartment to create a ridge to keep the water out, or add additional thin window foam. Getting water in the glovebox seems very strange unless you were in an absolute monsoon and then not sure what could keep all the water out?

carver
    West Metro

Mark, same issue with mine. The seam where the console meets the sidewalk needs to be sealed with silicone in front and behind the windshield. I did this on both sides.

The front compartments the water gets in on the front carpet seam that is screwed down. Need to silicone that as well with around the cover where the front electronics are usually mounted.

I have some gaskets I used for the compartments to make a better deal with the lid.

Mark Hansen

2016. Yeah it was pouring off and on plus towing in the rain.

Mark Hansen

Thanks Carver. That’s quite helpful. I was thinking about doing the same thing and now will. Is there a marine type or special silicon you use? Mine is a 2106 and the water doesn’t get in the bow compartments form their lid. It has a good glass lip to prevent this. The water appears to run from the tip of bow like a stream through the compartments. I use a dry vac and leave open to dry. PITA.

Mark Hansen

So I see a problem in the front plate where the TM and HB wires come out. It’s a hole. Have any ideas on how to close it?

Attachments:
    1. 0C2796AB-61A0-43E4-90FF-0D548E1528EC.jpeg

HMoshier

Mine had all of the compartments get wet, including the side rod locker and two right side compartments, during the trip home from Cave Run (2 1/2 hours & no cover) in torrential downpours but that has been the only time. The center rod locker had about 1/2″ of water in it since the were no drain holes (there are now). I used some automotive rubber weather stripping around the two front compartments (front livewell already had it). I’ve had it out in the rain since then but nothing like that day towing. I’m sure some water has gotten thru but it hasn’t been noticeable. So far, the glove box has stayed dry.

john_h
    Hastings, MN

My 2012 MX 1825 gets wet in every single compartment except the glove box. It really is a pain. (It would have taken so little more to build it right). Looks like a good winter project in the man cave to work on that! Too bad the later models haven’t been improved.

John B

I have a 2014 MX1825, for the bow compartments I bought some automotive weatherstripping and put it on the lip where all the lids seal to (just like it is on the baitwell from the factory). Its not 100% but way way better than it was before.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.