Motorguide Xi5 with quick release

• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I am trying to mount my motorguide Xi5 bow mount with a quick release. It is this quick release
    quick release

I am mounting it on the front of a Warrior 1890 BT. In order to get the motor far enough forward so that when it is deployed it clears the rub rail I need to move the bracket so far forward that I can only mount the bracket to the motor with 4 bolts instead of the recommended 6 bolts. Is this a common problem? Is there a solution? This bracket is designed for the Xi5. Someone has to have run into this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Would it help to add two more mounting holes? I don’t know which end of the bracket hangs over the edge of the boat, so I don’t know if this would help or not.
    added holes

sticker

Actually, it’s not that easy. If I move the motor on the board like you indicate it forces the center plate that attaches to the boat too far forward and then I can only use 2 of the bolts to mount that:???:

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

OK, so the motor attaches to the outer plate and the inner piece attaches to the boat, right?

How about a “sub-plate” mounted to the boat deck for the inner piece to mount to. Much like an adapter plate to match up mismatched engines and transmissions from our hot rodding days.

The sub-plate can be bolted to the boat with bolt heads recessed flush with the top of the plate. The plate is predrilled to accept the bolts which will hold the inner piece of your quick release bracket. The location and length of this sub-plate can be made to fit your requirements.

CaptainMusky

Sorry Sticker, I am of no help, I used the same quick release bracket I had from my MinnKota when I rigged my xi5.
    Are you sure you don’t have the piece that is intended to attach to the motor flipped with the one that attaches to the boat?
    Don’t ask me why I am asking that question… LOL

Kevin Naylor
    Inver Grove Heights, MN

I had the exact same issue when I tried to use that mounting plate on my 1999 ranger 692. I found another motorguide mounting plate (part# 8m0095972) that would work on my boat. I was able to mount it with 6 bolts into the boat and also have the ability to slide it back for launching. It is also a quick release if you need to remove from it from boat

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Actually, it’s not that easy. If I move the motor on the board like you indicate it forces the center plate that attaches to the boat too far forward and then I can only use 2 of the bolts to mount that:???:

I think huntindave meant like this:

HRG

Attachments:
    1. 1-7-2016-7-18-43-PM.jpg

sticker

Musky, I am positive. I watched a you tube video of how to mount it. Funny, it worked perfectly on that boat coffee

Thanks for the help guys, I was hoping to not have to buy another plate. I will attempt to customize this one this weekend and if all else fails I will get the other plate.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

If it helps at all, here’s my slightly-modified MKA-16-02 with an Xi5 mounted to it.

HRG

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0453.jpg

2. IMG_0451.jpg

3. IMG_0450.jpg

JMP1890

Sent you a pm Sticker.

JMP

sticker

Sent you a pm Sticker.

JMP

Got it, thanks much. Pics will be very helpful!! toast

sticker

I got it to work, appreciate the help all toast

Attachments:
    1. 20160109_151647.jpg

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

that boat and sexy motor….she’s a beaut clark…Striker I thank you in advance for allowing me to teach you how to fish in that Bad boy this summer peace

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.