Motorguide and Lowrance Auto Pilot issues

• Anthony A Jurek

I have been trying to get past this problem for a little while now. i can set up an new route and engage the motorguide auto-pilot and it will go to the first and second points on the route and then start going around in a tight circle.

anyone had this issue? if so, how’d you get past it?

Cody Meyers

Is it a few years old? I recently had mine into motor clinic for a software update on the gps module in the troller. This has helped the motor from wrapping itself up and getting lost.

Anthony A Jurek

bought it new last year. but everything points to software. however, when i initiate everything, a message on the Lowrance indicates as autopilot software update, but it never seems to actually do the update.

Cody Meyers

When I went to MotorClinic they plugged a little fob thing into my troller. Then the next time I got it on the water I had to do the calibrations and stuff and that seemed to help take care of my issues. I haven’t used it a lot yet since the update though. They wanted me to keep my gateway unhooked until I could confirm that the troller was working properly. Once I determine that it is/isn’t they said I could hook it back up.

Frankly, I’ve had a terrible experience trying to get the Gateway link to work and I’d rather just have a trolling motor that works with standard features as intended at this point. The alternative is additional features that don’t work as intended which infuriates me.

milemark_714

Take off the top cover on head,and make sure that GPS/compass cable is routed away from the power wires.I also got a new module assembly which solved all the past issues I had with this motor.Nothing could help the old one,and one day it strangled itself.Since installing the new module,not a single issue.Much change was done to this part,and now the motor works better than when new.

Attachments:
    1. 20200625_185335.jpg

Dustin Tichy

I have the exact same issue, drives me nuts! I go to create a route on my graph, say follow it… It does great to the first dot and then just gets lost and wanders off.. I suspect it has something to do with the graph having a gps, my point 1 gps and the motorguide having one as well. I know there are settings within the graph on which one to use for what but for the life of me I can not figure it out.

Ohh, and also if I am using autopilot trolling at lets say 2 mph and want to jog the course a bit to the left, if I hit the left button the troller usually jogs far to the right and ticks me off. I now just manually troll to a set speed and drive it like a normal trolling motor.. Electronics man, they suck

Cody Meyers

I agree, my troller is currently working as a stand alone troller. I’m inclined to just flipping leave it so it works. I’ll get a new one when I upgrade the electronics and everything in the future. Maybe there will be a good solution by then.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.