MOST topics are welcome. Posts of political or religious nature will be deleted.

• Anonymous
    Inactive

who is watching this?? Every topic turns political

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

They do not.

Only a leftie, snowflake, liberal Democrat would say something like that.

Grouse

Billy J

Grouse
    LOL, so true Grouse. Thanks for the laugh..

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

It seems to me the site has been taking a more hands off approach to closing down topics of late. Covid is such a big story, it’s more than that its a generational headline. It makes some sense to let people discuss it.

Most of the site and the adminis lean right so those views seem to be tolerated more. I don’t think its bias at play necessarily just that a comment from the left sparks so much more outrage around here that the comments quickly get out of control as the pitchforks come out.

IDO is still the best fishing forum around IMO

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

For the record, there are no current Original Posts (OP) that are outright political or religious topics.

Personally, I don’t / can’t read every reply. Most times the topic is just of no interest to me.

Also, of the 30 + active threads going on right now, I only see 3-4 that I would call “Current Events”. The rest are outdoors/fishing. Pretty good ratio if you ask me.

If the topic is of no interest, don’t click on it. waytogo

If there is a reply in a thread that goes political, religious, or generally offending, feel free to shoot me or another Moderator a PM. We can go in and fix, delete or lock up threads or posts.

Hope that helps! I do enjoy the banter and I’m guilty of taking topics off course too. We’re all human. I think we keep it pretty tame here. At least compared to FB or Twitter!

Carry on!

-J.

mikek
    Brainerd-Mille Lacs

Hello. My name is Mike and I’m a fishaholic.

munchy
    NULL

If the topic is of no interest, don’t click on it.

I’m offended!! REPORTED!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree about the fishing/outdoors forum. This is the only “social media” I am on just because I don’t feel the need to share much or really care about what others are thinking. It’s beyond my 61 YO mind how people can be on facebook/insta/my space/AOL and all the other stuff. My mind would explode!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I think part of reason they are somewhat tolerant is because IDO does not like banning people.

39degrees

For the record, there are no current Original Posts (OP) that are outright political or religious topics.

Personally, I don’t / can’t read every reply. Most times the topic is just of no interest to me.

Also, of the 30 + active threads going on right now, I only see 3-4 that I would call “Current Events”. The rest are outdoors/fishing. Pretty good ratio if you ask me.

If the topic is of no interest, don’t click on it. waytogo

If there is a reply in a thread that goes political, religious, or generally offending, feel free to shoot me or another Moderator a PM. We can go in and fix, delete or lock up threads or posts.

Hope that helps! I do enjoy the banter and I’m guilty of taking topics off course too. We’re all human. I think we keep it pretty tame here. At least compared to FB or Twitter!

Carry on!

-J.

Thank you that is good information!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mnice wrote:</div>

They do not.

Grouse

OK I’m totally offended. I’m left handed!!! devil whistling rotflol

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I’m left handed!!!

I’m truly sorry to hear of this, I had no idea. One question; Does this qualify you for a handicap sticker? whistling

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

I keep an eye out. I’m under the belief if you guys want to talk about current events – go ahead – I tend to not click on them most of the time myself.

I will say that if the forum gets run over by political posts I will start blocking and deleting them, but like Jon said above – the ratio is ok with me right now.

If you guys see people getting out of hand let me know, but other than that – this should be people all with the same passion (fishing), chatting with each other about whatever you want D

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Wait, so people come here to brag about injuring innocent fish with sharp painful hooks??? Offended!!!

devil devil devil devil devil devil

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’d like to report BK. Where is the form?

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

Im making a custom report form specifically for BK pug.

jwellsy

I wonder how many people forbid politics, religion and bananas in their boats.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Im making a custom report form specifically for BK pug.

Kind of like petition.com?

big_g
    Isle, MN

Most posts are healthy And some heated debates… the problem is when people start personally attacking someone… seems the same ones cannot help themselves.

shady5

Most posts are healthy And some heated debates… the problem is when people start personally attacking someone… seems the same ones cannot help themselves.

I did make a joke about Targaman’s appearance on another thread….sorry.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>
    I’m left handed!!!

I’m truly sorry to hear of this, I had no idea. One question; Does this qualify you for a handicap sticker? whistling

rotflol nope.

Billy J

I wonder how many people forbid politics, religion and bananas in their boats.

Definitely no bananas in my boat..

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

It’s not easy when everything everywhere seems to involve politics lately. I’ve switched from listening to talk radio for the commute to just channel surfing music and man has that been refreshing

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It’s not easy when everything everywhere seems to involve politics lately. I’ve switched from listening to talk radio for the commute to just channel surfing music and man has that been refreshing

Talk radio is really no different then here. What they say (or type) they don’t often really believe. It’s done for the ratings (or fight)

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

It’s not easy when everything everywhere seems to involve politics lately.

Nothing productive comes from having every topic politicized. The Covid-19 debates have demonstrated that this has never been worse in my adult lifetime.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

It’s time to kill the “statue” thread.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It’s time to kill the “statue” thread.

I dunno, at least it keeps them from fighting in all the other threads.

KwickStick
    At the intersection of Pools 6 & 7

I wonder, in the history of internet bickering, if one mind has been changed.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.