Montego Bay Pontoons

• Chad Luebker
    Annandale, MN

Anyone own or know someone that has a Montego Bay pontoon? After looking around they look like a very nice pontoon and get you a lot of bang for your buck. Just seeing if anyone has any first hand experience.

Thanks,

Chad

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

My MIL bought an 8522 DLX new in 2018 or 2019. I have been impressed with it. The only issue we’ve had was operator error. It’s been solid. She got talked into a 90 Etec on it. I’d prefer a 4-stroke, but the Etec has been really good, too. The vinyl and flooring have been holding up well.

Chad Luebker
    Annandale, MN

My MIL bought an 8522 DLX new in 2018 or 2019. I have been impressed with it. The only issue we’ve had was operator error. It’s been solid. She got talked into a 90 Etec on it. I’d prefer a 4-stroke, but the Etec has been really good, too. The vinyl and flooring have been holding up well.

Thanks Ralph. That is the same exact model we are looking at. It’s not at the dealer so we can’t see it first hand. Does the back or front have enough room for kids to jump from?

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

We looked hard at the 8524 TT tritoon from Montego Bay a couple years ago before going with something different. The only reason we didn’t go with it was that they had none on hand that were tritoons and couldn’t guarantee a delivery date. The pricing was fair compared to the market for new mid-range pontoons at the time. From what I recall about the similar models we were in, the fit and finish seemed average and appropriate for the price point. They weren’t a high-end luxury pontoon loaded with options, which was also reflected in the price point. I don’t see why they wouldn’t last a long time and be great pontoons if covered and stored out of the elements in winter (or wrapped). I’ve seen more of them on the river than years past, which seems to be an indicator of sales.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Maiden voyage. Looks like ours is a 2018.

Attachments:
    1. 20190603_150016-scaled.jpg

queenswake
    NULL

Honestly, it’s wood on aluminum cylinders with the same furniture bolted on. It’s not rocket science and all of the brands are good. There is so much competition out there with new brands coming out all of the time so they wouldn’t last if they were putting out bad product. Just make sure to get tritoon if you need it for your needs and the right motor size for your needs. Those are more important than anything.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.