Monovision or Multifocal contacts

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Anyone use Monovision or Multifocal contacts?
    I’m thinking of taking a run at them but do not know of too many people that have them.
    Looking for Pro’s/Con’s.

Nice Fella

I’ve worn them for probably close to 10 years and like them. The left lense corrects my distance vision and the right one corrects for reading, so I don’t need readers. They say the brain knows which signal to take, and I’ve never had a problem. You notice the difference the first time you put them in, but then you adjust.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I have worn Multifocal contacts for a long time now. I tried the Monovision at the start and it just didn’t work well for me. You do give up just a little in better long distance vision to go with a Multifocal over a standard contact. I only noticed the difference slightly and like the idea of not needing to still use readers for a lot of daily activities.

Umy
    South Metro

I have had them forever. Really like them. The only problem I have is the close up, even with the correction of the lenses.
    I have a pair of cheaters in the boat for tying lures ( same as the ice house)
    Just easier to do and crisper – can still see with the contacts but you have to “try harder to focus” so the cheaters are just easier.
    I have a pretty mild correction though too -1.75 so can even drive w/o contacts if needed with no problem.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I have had them for a long time without issue. My eyes are absolutely terrible for reference (correction of -5.75)

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Thanks guys, I scheduled an appointment for next Wednesday. I’m not liking taking the cheaters on and off a 100 x a day. Sux getting old. bawling
    BTW I use 1.5 cheaters.

Alex Fox

Eelpoutguy, I was in the same boat as you. I tried them and I couldn’t focus on anything near or far. I know it takes a long time for your eyes to get used to them, but I did it for a week and gave up. I wanted to rip them out of my eyes. They tended to move more than my normal contacts as well…almost caused an accident, went to look in the blindspot, contact moved, and I couldn’t see anything. I went back to the cheaters. Hope they work for you.

Sylvanboat

I also have used for years. Things are a bit out of focus but just a bit. Like said above really close activities like threading a jig is a challenge but I use reading glasses for that. Contacts are so cheap nowadays, give it a try. Good luck.

luckydave
    Cottage Grove, MN

I don’t know if you’re a hunter or not, but the monovision drove me nuts. Looking around a tree one way was ok, but if you looked around the tree the other way it was out of focus! That caused me to get rid of them.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I have had them for a long time without issue. My eyes are absolutely terrible for reference (correction of -5.75)

Mine worse. -6.25 and -6.50 with High add for the reader in both eyes. Without my contacts I think I’d be close to legally blind. With correction I get to just under 20/20

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

If you are in a Multifocal lens and still using readers often, then I’d just go with standard contacts and use readers when necessary. The distance vision is a standard lens is just better than with a multifocal. I still need reader once in awhile even with my Multifocal, but not real often.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I just use cheaters to read. I could never use contacts. I’m a panzy when it comes to messing with my eyes. I’d rather go to a dentist then eye doctor.

Snake ii’s

I had Lasik performed back in 2004. My correction was -7.5. Wore contcts for years, eye’s finally had enough of the irritation. The only downside is I lost some close vision, but can still tie my lures without readers/cheaters.

stevenoak

Wife uses them. Wouldn’t do anything else.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Monovision!!!
    Have had them in for a few hours and dang, don’t need readers. toast

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.