Monday, pool 4 here I come.

• eauclaireboys
    Eau Claire wi

I put a post up last week asking about pool 4 and got some good feedback. BUT, had the kids had to work and all the other reasons why I didn’t make it out.

Well the boat is gassed up and the cooler is packed so tomorrow is the day. Anyone out on pool 4 this weekend, with any success?

I am debating on putting in at everts or at lake city. Do you have any input?

Any little tidbits that you might have would be great!

drew Montgomery

I went out on pepin today found fish from 7 to 18 ft but lots of small fish mixed in

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

You can catch Walleyes but it will take some work ,not only was it a tough winter but spring has been NO different.

It seems like someone is always on fish tho, I have not seen it to be steller like we used to see in the past come spring, not sure what is going on but I believe they are spread out all over the place..

I have heard of some good prefishing days but when tourney came they ate humble pie !

Hoping once the water levels out it will turn on !

Sorry not what you looking for but I being straight with you.

Good luck !

JMHO Jeff

One

If you want to fish sauger go to lake city. Sauger bites crazy.!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Isn’t this the time of year Bay City Flats turns on?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Isn’t this the time of year Bay City Flats turns on?

Brian,I dont think anyone turned on that switch yet, unless they did it last Sunday !!

1bogey

The switch was not turned on Sunday for the eyes, but the sheepies were on fire.

eauclaireboys
    Eau Claire wi

UGH, Well I guess even when the boat is gassed up the cooler has ice it is still not a guarantee that the wife won’t find 19 things for you to do instead of going fishing. (

So I guess all the fish in Pepin get to swim for a few more days.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

1919 was a very bad year. shock

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

When you guys target Pepin by trolling, do you fish it shallow and target fish on bottom, or troll for suspended fish over deep water? As clear as it has gotten (not right now) over the years, one would think you could target them like they do in Erie, or Green Bay.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

When you guys target Pepin by trolling, do you fish it shallow and target fish on bottom, or troll for suspended fish over deep water? As clear as it has gotten (not right now) over the years, one would think you could target them like they do in Erie, or Green Bay.

This time of year I troll 12 FOW or less on shorelines with riprap or large flats using shad style baits on flat lines.

I have heard of an open basin bite on Pepin, but have never pursued it.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

UGH, Well I guess even when the boat is gassed up the cooler has ice it is still not a guarantee that the wife won’t find 19 things for you to do instead of going fishing. (

So I guess all the fish in Pepin get to swim for a few more days.

…So Who Wears The Pants. doah Time to Play Your Man Cards. shock … rrr

holstc

I am headed down there camping this weekend and will be fishing Fri-Sun. for walleye. With this cold front moving in what would you guys suggest for tactics? Lake or River?

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.