LeSueur to Henderson

• Pig-hunter
    Southern Minnesota

Does anyone fish walleyes in this stretch during the spring-summer period. I fish there in the fall and usually do fairly well. I got a little river boat and want to take more time to fish the river, especially this spring. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

jeff6771

I work with a guy that says a buddy of his does fairly well down there says he catches alot of bigger ones.

dark30
    Belle Plaine, Mn.

I fish a few spots in and around Le Sueur when the river is right. I got my biggest flathead and also my biggest walleye in that area last year. Mid May last year was really shaping up nice until all that rain fell and the river went into rise mode.

Pig-hunter
    Southern Minnesota

Thanks guys,
    Dark which way from the landing do you fish? In the fall I fish downriver from LeSueur a ways to the first nice bend and down to the Supper Club. Also have traveled up river to a deep hole probably 2 miles from the landing. Both yielded fish in the fall and a few cats in the summer(upriver).

dark30
    Belle Plaine, Mn.

I do most of my fishing on foot (or on my ars) . When I do put the boat in, its usually a ways down river. Those two biggest fish were both from the same spot and on the same bait…a SR5 Shad Rap. The flat went almost 38# and the walleye was 7.

The ramp area in Le Sueur is good enough a lot of times…no need to go too far. Have you seen the top of that tree sticking out of the water across from the ramp? I want to try that from the other side some night.

Pig-hunter
    Southern Minnesota

Yah, right by that little riprap section across from the ramp I have caught walleyes in the fall. I’m going to put in some time this spring and see if I can’t stick a few pigs. Last spring I had one day where we caught a 27″, and about 7-8 in the 18-23″ range.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.