Annandale-Buffalo-Big Lake

• walleyehunter83

Is there any way to start a thread for this in the lake section?

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

How bout making it all Wright county lakes?

mrwalleye
    MN

Quote:

How bout making it all Wright county lakes?

I like that Idea

birddog
    Mn.

You just did.

Do you mean start a new subforum? I sure hope not…this area already gets enough “press” from the other sites which has led to huge numbers of people overpopulating area lakes.

BIRDDOG

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

Arent we all on here to learn and share with others? I never feel that I am being pushed out and fish Wright county lakes at least 3 times a week.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Yes we are. I will bring it up to the Steering Committe.

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

Thank you sir. Personally I am niether for or against putting one up. I do just fine on my own but always welcome new advice.

birddog
    Mn.

Quote:

Arent we all on here to learn and share with others?

Absolutely.

But lets not forget what’s happened to Buffalo in the last few years and what’s quickly happening to Pelican…they’re getting over run, heck Buffalo is all but fished out, small crappies and no eyes and that wasn’t the case 2 short years ago. 2 years ago that lake was stuffed with 10″ walleyes, a certain website(not this one) took care of that in a hurry! Now the lakes mentioned are no secret, we all know that. But what happens when the new forum comes on and that one guy brags about lake X, the lake X that only a handful of guys including yourself fish and have kept in their hip pocket. Kiss that bite good by. Lake Y was decent…better get while the getting’s good. This may not happen next year or even the following…but it will happen. It’s the nature of the beast we call the Internet.

I’m with you, I haven’t been over run, I’ve moved further out and I do just fine on these lesser known lakes. I stay away from the crowds. What will those lakes you, I and the rest of the guys in the area like so much be like in 5 years with a new forum for all to announce. The Internet is great tool but there’s a fine line between sharing info and damaging a fishery…unfortunately some just can’t keep it under wraps.

BIRDDOG

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks for the reminder Birddog.

Some local chewed on me pretty good about this time of year…three years ago about posting the panfish bite on Winni. He said in two years the lake will be like Red. It’s been over two years.

I’ll have to give him a call and apologize for placing all of that Internet pressure on his water…that he fished for the last 15 years and didn’t want to share with others.

Sorry for pulling this thread off topic.

It just reminded me of the poor fishing on Winni, Tuckner ruining the fishing on P3 seven years ago ect.

How does that saying go? If the Internet ruins fisheries then I can blame guns for shooting people…or was it pencils for my bad spelling. Something like that anyway.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

PS

Welcome to IDO walleyehunter83!!

birddog
    Mn.

Brian…I’m not “chewing” on anyone.

It’s just a opinion that I believe to be true. For those that have kept up on Buffalo and kept up on that forum on the other site…there is a direct correlation between the number of views and the number of fisherman on the water, absolutely, no question!! Believe it or not when that first good report came online the number of fisherman went from say 20 to 200 overnight, by the end of the week, insanity. It wasn’t word of mouth, it was that forum. Where did all the 10″ eyes go?? Right in everyone’s bucket, sick isn’t it? Yes, the lake is void of any numbers of walleye right now, that forum and the Internet reports had a lot to do with it. Pretty sad that a lake that was rebounding so well is now in it’s current state. For what…so guys could fill their buckets with 10″ eyes!! Now those same guys are complaining, “I can’t catch any walleyes, what happened??”

Your comparing, Red, Winni and the mighty Sippi to these little lakes isn’t a good comparison, one of these lakes 2/3 of it can’t be fished and the sippi, it runs all the way through our country, winni is one of the largest lakes in the state. Those bodies of water can sustain higher pressure and rebound quicker. These small lakes can get hammered in a hurry, the one I’m talking about indeed has.

I also used Pelican as an example, 3 years ago there were some guys out there, it got fished. Since it came “on line”?? Amazing how the numbers jumped in correlation with the number of posts/views, it was a zoo out there. Anyone that watches these lakes and watches the forums can see the potential damage it can cause.

For one to think there isn’t a link between the two…

Flame away.

BIRDDOG

walleyehunter83

I agree with smaller lakes getting fished out. 3 years ago I fished a small local lake, not very popular. I read a couple of post on another site, went out this year after a 2 year lay off from fishing due to being out of the country, and the lake was worthless.

I thought with other lakes being on the forum, that was a good wide area to have on the forum.

russjudy
    Minnesota

I saw 2 boats on Big Lake Sunday, theres no ice

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.