Big Marine

• CentralBassman

Im heading there in a few weeks and have never been there… Just looking for some information on the lake?? Ill be fishing for bass so any information would be great. Thanks PM are welcome

Dockman

das_bass
    Mound, MN

I have had decent luck fishing with frogs, spinnerbaits & jigworms. Plenty of reeds to fish in, and the deepweedline is also pretty decent.

BTW – Water levels are down a fair amount. If you want to slop fish in the shallow area marked on the maps, be carefull as they are a lot more shallow right now.

CentralBassman

Is it a clear lake or dirty?? Dock fishing any good??

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Big Marine has good clarity. Can’t help you with the dock fishing since I mainly fish the lake early in the year when the fish are mainly shallow. I would think the deeper weeds will hold the bigger fish. I have caught quite a few bass fishing walleyes in deeper water there.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

look for some spindle grass, toss some 4″ stick baits, also if you can find the gravel or hard bottom, you would be in business. also have alot of great pads and heavy cover for top water frogs, around the island is a good spot and also in the back water through the little channel. if that is low you will not get back there, so be carefull. run the trolling motor through the channel and tip the big motor up so not to get hooked in a ton of weeds. also shoot fishing vet a pm, he fishes that lake an awful lot, he might have some more ideas for you.

shane

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.