Platte Lake 7-23-06

• bgrotte
    Rogers, MN

Slipsinker took me to Platte Lake today where we had a pretty solid bite for bass. We were mainly pitchin’ BFT ringies under docks and having some good success with that. We also tossed some rats in the lily pads and managed to pull a few out of there also.

We did also manage to boat a few northerns and 1 nice crappie. I would have to say it was a pretty good day except for that damn heat. The lake was definately low and is in need of a rain!

Thanks again Slip for putting me on some nice fish today!

Here is a pic of one of the nicer bass that I caught today.

MikeBull
    Farmington, Minnesota

Platte is a great lake but if you really want nice fish when up there u need to concentrate on the islands and in the west bay with scum frogs. I have grown up on the platte and sullivan lake connection ever since I was born. I think our family has had a cabin on the lakes for about 48 years now. Lots of nice fish and good to here that someone on here also knows about these lakes!!! Good Job Guys

shayla

Rocky, You did great today landing some nice fish. You certainly are a fast learner. Unfortunately I’m afraid I am gonna have nightmares of the “one that got away”.

Hoghunter, if you don’t mind me asking, what part of the lake is your cabin on? My wife’s family has 3 places on Platte. Her grandpa has been on the lake about as long as your family has! Oh, you are right about the islands but I don’t take Rocky to my best spots cause I know he’s gonna spill the beans on this site if I do.

bgrotte
    Rogers, MN

Next time…..we are hitting the islands!

Slip- can I use some of your scum frogs??

Thanks for the tip HH!

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Thanks for the Platte Lake report. I have good memories out there.

Nice bass!

Sully

MikeBull
    Farmington, Minnesota

we are straight accross from the point of the big island, not the point that is nearest the little island but the other point- just straight the main part of the lake and there we are. Right next to the cabin with the Log siding. You should PM me next time you go up and maybe we will have some cocktails at the Looney and do some fishin!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.