in person mn license sales ???

• poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Anyone on here know if you can purchase a non resident family fishing license in person at say a fleet farm without your spouce present? We’ve bought them before with us both present, I’m routinely across the river and could get licenses checked off thd list if they will let me without having to coordinate anything the one day we are both off during any given week. Online not an option, I will lose/destroy a paper printout way to quickly.

iowa roger
    North central Iowa

Try the walmart store, that is where I have gotte then before.
    Any walmart should be able to do this in MN.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I would think any place that sells fishing license here in Mn could sell you an out of state family license and with only you present.

So yes Fleet Farm could

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Will they let you buy the family license without your spouse present though?

Trumar – ok, computer took too long to load my response. I will have to try, I picked FF because I know ill be driving past one later this week.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Just call them, here is the one in Winona for you (507) 454-5124

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

You can go anywhere that sells them. Just bring her id and her ss#.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

If I bring her 2013 license would that work too?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

If you are buying a “family license” you dont need it but if it comforts you take it .

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Be very very careful. They will ask your wife’s eye color and her weight. It’s really a trap dreamed up by women years ago. You don’t want to answer those wrong or her birth date.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Just purchase them online.
    Then you can save a Copy or print multiple copies, keep one in boat and one in tackle box.

MnDNR Online License sales

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Quote:

Be very very careful. They will ask your wife’s eye color and her weight. It’s really a trap dreamed up by women years ago. You don’t want to answer those wrong or her birth date.

deertracker

Last year my wife thanked me for the weight I gave them.
    DT

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

There’s one reason why you MIGHT have to have your spouse present.

If you don’t know her SS # (but you have her old license so you’re covered)

You’re wife will need to sign it before she goes fishing.

I use the on line version each year. In fact you could have been done by now if you would have started when you made your first post.

I didn’t mean that to sound snotty.

fishdale

I did mine at cabelas and just gave them my driver license. They had all the other info online from last year. Did not need to answer any questions and did not need any ID of the MRS…

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Thanks guys, nothing against the FF employees, but I’d trust your answers more. I thought about online, but I can guarantee a paper printed license would last me about 5 minutes before it got destroyed or I lose it. The one you get when you buy in person just fits very well in my wallet so its always on me no matter where I am or whose boat I’m in.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

That’s what’s handy about on line. I have a copy printed out in my truck, boat, guide license info, wallet and a pdf copy saved on my smart phone…of my wifes.

I would never lose mine.

Duplicates through the ALS system are either $4 or $10. Not sure why that is.

Sounds like you’re set!

Everts Fishing Resort
    Inactive
    Hager City WI

Quote:

Thanks guys, nothing against the FF employees, but I’d trust your answers more. I thought about online, but I can guarantee a paper printed license would last me about 5 minutes before it got destroyed or I lose it. The one you get when you buy in person just fits very well in my wallet so its always on me no matter where I am or whose boat I’m in.

Printed copies are great, just put them in a ziploc bag and your good to go. 1 for the truck, 1 for the boat compartment and 1 for the tackle box!
    Best of luck!
    Most of the time you can just play “stupid” and have your wife on the phone when you go in and they can take her info over the phone.
    added online benefits, you can email yourself the copies and always have the info…just sayin’
    K

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

If she has had a license before, she is already in the DNR database, so she will not need to be present and all of her info will already be in the system. Should be an easy transaction.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Quote:

That’s what’s handy about on line. I have a copy printed out in my truck, boat, guide license info, wallet and a pdf copy saved on my smart phone…of my wifes.

I would never lose mine.

Duplicates through the ALS system are either $4 or $10. Not sure why that is.

Sounds like you’re set!

why couldn’t you photo copy the license you get from a local sport shop that sells them?? just curious how that be any different then the online method. opther then sending your money to an out of state vender!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.