Pelican Lake

• Zach H

Fished Pelican this morning and caught one walleye…Just was wondering if anyone could give a tip on a good place to start. With a lake that’s over 8k acres, it would take a long time to figure out the water to find the walleyes. I am not asking for secret spots, just looking for depths and fishing techniques to try. Looking at the map, I have a good idea where to fish, but to eliminate some water would be greatly appreciated!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

What Pelican Lake are you talking about?

wally1992
    Evansville MN

8000 acres, I would guess the one up north. i do not think the one by Ashby is that big.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Yeah..Thats what I saw after the reply. I’m on the ony by Ashby now.

philput
    Knoxville, IL.

I would work any gravel type shore ecspecially wind blown from 2-12 ft of water with jigs & minnow, 1/2 a crawler or shallow-medium crank baits casted right to the bank. Look for new weedlines on your fishfinder if you can troll? try slow trolling or drifting lindy rigs or spinners add a little weight so your tickling the tops of the weed growth! i’m sure the water is still cold up that way but you could also try some leeches! Good Luck hope this helps! As i sit on couch due to 2 days of thunderstorms & another day of it tomoro! Wish I was with you………….. Have Fun!!

Zach H

Pelican up at breezy point.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.