MN-Fish —- Just Auto-Billed Me

• B-man

I see MN-FISH took it upon themselves to charge me for another year of membership???

What have they done in the last year? Scheduled a get-together at a cancelled hockey game??

Have they done anything for any fishing club?

Procured money to stock lakes?

Changed any laws?

Gotten state funding for anything?

Taken kids fishing?

If I hear a resounding NO, I’m denying the charge and warn any paying members that a bill is coming soon. From what I’ve seen (or actually haven’t seen) leaves me unimpressed. I hope I’m missing something.

Ripjiggen

I have not seen there name in anything that I read or researched. whistling

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

B-man, like everything else this has been the strangest legislative session and I doubt any bills will be passed, especially game and fish. MN fish doesn’t do stocking or run fishing clubs, it’s purpose is to positively influence legislation that benefits anglers and fishing. If this were a normal legislative session, I’d expect that they would have been more visible. However I agree that they need to do something or folks will walk away.

B-man

Do they have anything to show for the last year? Any bill proposals? Anything even drafted or drawn up?

If there’s signs of life I’ll renew. If not, I’m out for a year and I’ll donate the $35 to a youth fishing event.

There were also promises of discounts for members for lodging, tackle, resorts, etc from their sponsors. They said a list would be coming out “soon.” I must have missed the email or letter….

I didn’t join for that reason at all, but brought it up because it hasn’t been fulfilled as far as I know?

mallardmayhem
    Spicer, MN

B-man, thanks for the reminder. I just wrote a long email requesting to stop the auto renew for my membership in which I never received a single email regarding anything they even tried to accomplish such as bills, youth programs, proposals, etc. I was really hoping with the many fishing names that are tied to this organization that something would have been proposed or at least brought to sportsman’s attention but nothing. Would have rather spent it supporting the local family bait shop. 👍

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Do they have anything to show for the last year? Any bill proposals? Anything even drafted or drawn up?

it’s purpose is to positively influence legislation that benefits anglers and fishing.

I think Buzz stated the answer that you were asking about, maybe you overlooked it.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Let me state what everybody else is afraid to say. Mn-Fish can pound sand. They are not one bit better then the Nigerians scamming people. They just dressed it differently. They still ding your cards, still take your money. If a person was actually paying for a service that was poorly done that would be one thing. But these guys are plain stealing your money.

Re-up, give them another chance (opportunity) they are mis-understood. jester

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I was told that MN-fish convinced the legislature to fund $ 200,000 to high school fishing programs last year. I got auto billed too and like you bman have been disappointed by MN Fish so far. I am willing to invest another $ 70 dollars (figure this year is a waste as covid will dominate 2020 and don’t think fair to think they can get something done in legislature this year after all a pandemic only happens every 100 years or so) and see if anything positive develops in 2021 and then make my decision.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

tom who told you that?

B-man

I sent them an email asking for a refund, unless they can prove to me they accomplished something significant in the last 12 months.

What’s the over-under on a response time?

90 days?

I sent them a few emails months ago and received a generic response that didn’t answer any of my questions.

If they can show me they are doing something, they can keep the money. I understand that nothing may go through this session, but at least show me a draft of something that would be up for a proposal.

If I don’t hear from them by the time the Game Fair starts, I’ll walk right up to Ron Schara and demand a refund in public.

It’s not about the money, it’s about the principal from lack of communication/action.

Deleted

You boys wanna donate money? I’ll get a hat to pass!!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

tom who told you that?

hah

HI Tom,
    Thank you for contacting MN Fish I apologize for the delay in
    responding. As you stated in your email, this is a new venture and the
    set-up has taken longer than anticipated. Please feel free to continue
    to reach out with any questions and/or concerns that you may have.
    If you do have any other questions or concerns please let us know.
    Sincerely,
    Tiffany
    MN Fish Representative
    833-366-3474

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

tom who told you that?

Chip Lear called me in response to my phone call to MN fish that I was unhappy and wanted to talk to someone to find out what was going on.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Everyone has a right to foolishly waste their money anyway they would like. I am still hoping that it is an investment in the fishing future of MN. Only time will tell if right or wrong.

Ice Cap

Babe Winkleman is part of this isn’t he? He just recently filed bankruptcy. Somebody has got to pay the lawyers!

basseyes

Got the same generic piece of mail twice, but at least there was a decal in each one, so score! So I got 2 decals, off an organization that I couldn’t tell you with even a hint of a clue what they’ve actually done. Other than take my money.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

What exactly was promised that you guys gave $70 to? That’s a good amount of ching.

big_g
    Isle, MN

So Kenny Rogers wannabe says more bites for $35…. and also that Auto-Pay system doesn’t pay for itself. jester

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Curious, how tough would it be for Mn-Fish to provide a update via the numerous fishing & hunting forums in Minnesota. We all belong or check in to multiple sites.

Mn-Fish seems to operate just like the Mille Lacs arm of the DNR…….no transparency, yet we are expected to cough up cash to them.

Me don’t think so. coffee

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

What exactly was promised that you guys gave $70 to? That’s a good amount of ching.

Promised to be the voice of the MN sports fisherman/woman to lobby the legislature for more investments in fishing. $ 35 dollars a year so got two years in $ 70.00. I think this year nothing is going to happen as they are all around 70 years old and I don’t expect them out shaking hands, but it is really a head scratcher that both Ron Schara and the linders own succesful media companies and they cannot get any messaging out to their supporters. My guess is that the group will disband and I am out my $ 70.00. Wasted that much or more on other foolish ventures so I will stick with it and hope that something eventually happens.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

What’s an orginization?

munchy
    NULL

Looks like they finally did something.

Attachments:
    1. 93782000_3173523589348915_680212378897350656_o.png

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Where did you see that?

B-man

They sent it in an email yesterday.

Finally taking a public stand on something waytogo

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20200418-080928.png

2. Screenshot_20200418-080923.png

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Yes, I was glad to see that yesterday.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Not surprising that a group representing tackle companies and fishing guides try to cash in by using an issue that makes them look good. Maybe they should join up with the folks down protesting the Governor. Maybe they want to liberate MN?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Looks like they are representing me as a fisherman also.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I’m a fisherman and I don’t think we should be traveling all over the state yet, possibly soon, not now. I’m sure mn fish has quite a few epidemiologists on the payroll.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.