MN DNR site buying a license

• belgianbuctail

Is there some sort of trick to buying a fishing license on the MN DNR site? I bought an out of state license three years ago but it won’t recognize my info. Also, tried to buy as a new customer but it wouldn’t take my info. My son had the same problem. Would like to get it done now instead of bugging the folks at the bait store but my not have a choice.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

It took me about 4 tries to by new boat stickers a couple days ago. Confusing site.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

its an out of state outsourced vendor……..go to a local bait store or any instate store and get your license there. keep your money in state in the area!!!!!!

breakerbreaker
    Inactive

I got right on a week ago zero issues

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

go to a local bait store or any instate store and get your license there. keep your money in state in the area

Correct me if I’m wrong here but I don’t think retailers make any profit when they sell a license at a retail store. I pay the same cost as is listed in the regulations.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>
    go to a local bait store or any instate store and get your license there. keep your money in state in the area

Correct me if I’m wrong here but I don’t think retailers make any profit when they sell a license at a retail store. I pay the same cost as is listed in the regulations.

i could be wrong here also but i’m pretty certain the “handling fee” might already be included.
    besides i dont ever remember going in to get my license and walking out with just that either!!!!!!! doah jester

Coletrain27

The local bar where I deer hunt told me a couple years back that they only get like .50 cents for a deer license. That’s just what I was told a few years ago and it may be different now. I’m sure the local bait shop would love the business of selling some bait and licenses

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I hear that. Usually buy a couple other items myself too when I buy licenses.

Hookset
    Southern MN

I believe it’s .50-$1.00 per sale, I stick to supporting local business, forget Cabelas, or the other big name stores…..support local cause when they are gone…..we’ll I’m hoping that doesn’t happen!!!!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

They get 1 dollar. That’s the cost of a youth license for deer to be printed. The Walmart lady told me that’s there cut of licensing.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I had issues a few years ago trying to buy online and in person at a bait shop.
    The guy at the bait shop actually knew a licensing person at the DNR.
    He called up and got me all squared away.
    Sorry, can’t remember what the issue was (maybe SS#) but he got me squared away.

dirtywater

its an out of state outsourced vendor……..go to a local bait store or any instate store and get your license there. keep your money in state in the area!!!!!!

We’re lucky it’s an outside vendor. Remember when they tried to launch their own system for driver’s licenses in this state?

I’ve never had any issues using the DNR site for boat renewal, campground reservations, license renewal, or helping out-of-staters purchase a license either. That vendor does the same thing for state parks and natural resources agencies all over, it’s a pretty solid system in my experience.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

We’re lucky it’s an outside vendor. Remember when they tried to launch their own system for driver’s licenses in this state?

I’ve never had any issues using the DNR site for boat renewal, campground reservations, license renewal, or helping out-of-staters purchase a license either. That vendor does the same thing for state parks and natural resources agencies all over, it’s a pretty solid system in my experience.

and i ve never had issues renewing any license going right to the store or license bureau!!!!!! waytogo ANDi have it in my possesion upon leaving the building!!!!!!

but hey to each there own…….whatever floats your boat!!!!!!

dirtywater

I’m not saying my way is right or yours is wrong. But online license sales are also instant. All you need is a picture of the license stored on your phone, or you can print it instantly as well.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

All you need is a picture of the license stored on your phone

The OP indicated fishing license, so that is fine.

If you are deer, turkey, or bear hunting, you need the paper form with a site tag. Just an FYI

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

I heard the DNR will have their own site in the very near future and be rid of the third party. Cant wait roll

Coletrain27

Maybe you are banned from buying a fishing license jester

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Maybe you are banned from buying a fishing license jester

rotflol there’s a reason they started requiring your SS #.

Looking for people owing child support!!

Dirty water… No issues here! waytogo

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

Just got my non resident fishing license for the rest of the week. No problems.

belgianbuctail

Ended up being a huge cluster F. I have bought a license in the past but the bait store in Blackduck could not get me set up as a return customer or as a new customer either. Three 800 numbers later and still no way to find me or to get me set up. Drove 7 hours to Red Lake without a way to get a license. Very frustrating to get the run around from each person on the end of these 800 numbers.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.