2011 Pronghorn Hunt?

• wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

My uncle and I are talking about doing a Pronghorn hunt in either western ND or eastern MT, which would you prefer? Has anyone done both and recommend one or the other?

Thanks

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

I would check the DNR’S for population estimates.A few years of bad winters has rally hurt the populations in NW South Dakota. I heard North Dakota didn’t fare very well either.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I had heard the same, so much so that ND may not have a season. You should consider Montana or Wyoming in my opinion. Good luck!!

brunowfo

What about WY? I have friends in Powell that say they do great every year.

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

We seen a bunch of goats around the south eastern corner of Wyoming while driving through on vacation.

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

I hunted se montana a couple years back. We saw a lot of goats. But like some of the others mentioned the winters can take a toll on them. There was thousands of block management acres you could access to hunt antelope. You just had to sign up with the ranchers and get some other info. pm me if ya want more info and I’ll try and dig it up. Good Luck

big_g
    Isle, MN

I’d suggest WY….. driving through West ND and East MT last fall…. I would say compared to years past, the number of lopes is WAY down….

hollerich
    Saint Peter MN

eastern montana can be tough to draw for nonresidents expecially if you plan to use a rifle. They have a 900 tag that is good only for archery and is valid in all pronghorn units. You have a little better odds of drawing this tag and you can hunt during the rut. They also have had a tough few years in Eastern Montana between weather and disease their numbers are not what they use to be.

les_welch

Wyoming.

There are more antelope in a 75 mile radius of Casper, than the rest of the states combined.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

Thanks everyone might have to look into Wyoming.

woodenfrog
    se mn

WY has good #’s and a private land walk-in access program.Check regulation book for areas. We went last year in the Laramie area and there was good numbers on the private ranch we were on and also on nearby walk-ins.

waterswat
    WI

Just applied for Wyoming Antelope and Mule Deer tags. First time heading out West for me. Can’t wait!! Good luck to all on the draws.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Good luck waterswat…must be very exciting for you!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.