minnow buckets

• mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

what is everyone using and why? mine keeps freezing up on the back of my atv and I cant get to my bait. I need to find something that wont freeze closed.

thanks for the help

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

I use the Colman 6 pack size plastic cooler. The one that the handle locks the lid down. It will freeze, but a smack on the lid and it pops the lid loose

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

I use a Plano insulated bucket which has worked well for me. I keep the minnows in the plastic bag inside the bucket. When I move about the lake I spin the open end of the bag to close it and shut the bucket lid. I have very little water spilling.

Attachments:
    1. 70531-1.jpg

2. 70531.jpg

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Styrofoam is for summer. wink Any plastic cooler with a locking lid will work. Try wiping the mating edges with Armorall to help with the lid freezing down.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

I use the Colman 6 pack size plastic cooler. The one that the handle locks the lid down. It will freeze, but a smack on the lid and it pops the lid loose

X2

404 ERROR
    MN

There are two things I like from Clam, they’re collapsible shovel and their bait buckets. I have one of each size and love them. I ended up screwing a drawer pull handle to the lid give me a little more leverage when frozen.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

I have used a cooler for many years, pretty much bullet proof

Charles

I just a 2gallon bucket i haven’t had any freezing issues, I do bring my into the house when I find a spot quick.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.