Minnkota Powerdrive Brush Replacement

• cal74

Replaced the brushes and cleaned the contacts/armature in a friend of mines older PowerDrive V2.

Drive unit turns, but when clicking the prop on it just beeps.

I’ve taken it apart a couple times, nothing’s hanging up and only replaced the brushes (they were shot).

Suggestions?

mojogunter

When you cleaned it you used a cleaner that evaporates quickly correct? Years ago I replaced brushes and the motor didn’t want to start to turn. I set it on one and I started spinning the motor by hand. After it was spinning on low I brought the speed up and it worked after that. Give it a try. Just do it on low so you don’t lose a finger.

cal74

Thanks for the reply, used brake cleaner. Brushes and rotor were free of any contaminates and it won’t turn at all. I’ve tried it every which way possible.

iowa_josh

I did my endura last summer and when I got done, I had to take it apart and swap the wires from one brush to the other because they only work the one way. Also you can do a crude leak test by putting the bottom end in a bucket and blowing some air in the head end of the tube. Luck

cal74

I did my endura last summer and when I got done, I had to take it apart and swap the wires from one brush to the other because they only work the one way. Also you can do a crude leak test by putting the bottom end in a bucket and blowing some air in the head end of the tube. Luck

I’ll try swapping wires around, thank you for the tip.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.