MinnKota 112 Ulterra – Bluetooth

• Dave Gotsky

I just received my Ulterra that was back ordered for 4 weeks. Installed it and hit the water to try it out. It deployed once. Now I have to hit the pedal or remote and push it out of its cradle to get it to deploy. I can hear it hum for a few seconds when I activate deploy then the motor error alert comes up on the remote and an alarm sounds. The manual states that when the battery charge is 25% or lower it will not deploy. Installed 3 29 series Interstate batteries when I installed the Ulterra. Anyone else having this problem?

Not happy at all.

Attachments:
    1. All-Systems-Go.jpg

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Are you sure the batteries are hooked up right? Have you checked voltage at the plug?

Rob92761
    La Crosse WI

my 80 Ulterra did this a couple of times gave it a push to get started after it worn in it was fine. It also could be the amp draw on the trim motor, may need to take it to authorized dealer to have them look at it.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Shut it off (at the motor) wait a minute or so and then turn it back on!
    When you get back to town talk with the local authorized repair shop and have them check it out. It may need to be re-calibrated or other. Until you do it will work flawlessly for a while then do it again. Then repeat the above. Get it into the shop so to avoid small damage to the shaft.

Oh ya another thing, if it will not reset itself, look at the black cap that is the couple to the motor and the gear. (This is where the manual stow/deploy happens)

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

the new ulterra do seem to be a little tight at first. also real cold makes them slow
    Unplug it so it resets and try again. worked for me. its better now after some use. I think the belt or motors are stiff at first

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.