Minnetonka launch for late night?

• pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

If a guy wanted to stay out on Minnetonka ’til about midnight, what are my options?

Thanks!

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

I changed my search terms and came up with some better info. According to the city of Minnetonka website, the big public access at Gray’s Bay *should* be open 24 hours.

I say *should* because it seems like the DNR and municipalities that operate boat launches are awful at providing actual, concrete info. The best I could find was an “operations plan” for the marina that’s dated 201 that states “there will be 24-hour access.”

So I guess I’ll find out if there actually is?

matt

I know forsure Grays Bay,Wayzata Bay,Maxwell Bay as I have stayed past midnight many times at all 3 of them.I think you would be fine at North Arm or Spring Park also but cant say I have stayed that late at either of them.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Grays Bay Landing is huge, and very nice landing open 24 hours. Also on the North Arm, just thru the channel from Crystal Bay is another. I’m sure there are others, but those are the two I’m sure of. Lake Mtka Regional park I believe is only open during park hours, and requires a permit.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

I know forsure Grays Bay,Wayzata Bay,Maxwell Bay as I have stayed past midnight many times at all 3 of them.I think you would be fine at North Arm or Spring Park also but cant say I have stayed that late at either of them.

Grays Bay Landing is huge, and very nice landing open 24 hours. Also on the North Arm, just thru the channel from Crystal Bay is another. I’m sure there are others, but those are the two I’m sure of. Lake Mtka Regional park I believe is only open during park hours, and requires a permit.

Thanks guys! I’m a river guy and all of the public launches around the metro typically close at 10-11pm.

I’ll be using Gray’s later tonight.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.