Minnesota CWD testing type

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

“All samples will be inventoried, entered into a
    database, and sent to an accredited laboratory for enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA)
    testing. Positive ELISA samples will be considered “suspect-positive,” until confirmatory testing
    using immunohistochemistry testing (IHC) is performed at either the accredited laboratory or the
    National Veterinary Services Laboratory in Ames, Iowa.”

https://files.dnr.state.mn.us/wildlife/research/health/disease/cwd/cwd_responseplan.pdf

Jimmy Jones

No help with what they use but here’s something more to think about…..

There’s been a recent push to govern how processors clean between deer when processing is in full swing. The last I heard there was supposed to be, or trying to get to be, a total tear-down and sanitizing between each deer. To minimize possible spread from one deer to another. Now are these sample stations completely sanitizing between deer and are the sample testing labs fully sanitizing between deer to minimize the likelyhood of spread between deer as well?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

No help with what they use but here’s something more to think about…..

There’s been a recent push to govern how processors clean between deer when processing is in full swing. The last I heard there was supposed to be, or trying to get to be, a total tear-down and sanitizing between each deer. To minimize possible spread from one deer to another. Now are these sample stations completely sanitizing between deer and are the sample testing labs fully sanitizing between deer to minimize the likelyhood of spread between deer as well?

doah so iffin the deer is dead and at a proccesor or getting tested…….how will it spread, say its tested positive???? unless i’m missing something……these deer are dead and not moving about any live deer at this point????? kinda overkill if ya ask me!!!!!! whistling

not arguing your post JJ, just an observation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.