Milwaukee fishing?

• Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

Headed to Milwaukee tomorrow through Monday never been so looking for advise. Browns lakers salmon. I heard the water is really muddy? How big of a deal is that and is there areas to go to get cleaner water. As for trolling any depths to start. I have lead core, flat line and snap weights. Any tips would be great also like to jig or soak spawn.

milemark_714

Might want to try Oak Creek power plant,launch from Bender Park.

Try contacting Randy Wieland,he is up to snuff in that area.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

It was a pretty nasty blow yesterday. I didn’t get into the Racine/Milwaukee area at all, so i don’t know how bad the water clarity is. Looks like wind forecast isn’t too strong for the next couple day 7-12mph – rotating East, south, then sunday coming from north.

Jig bite has been spotty. A lot of steelhead are up the rivers. I would troll and cover water with a spread of boards, Start with firetiger, Pearls, and natural and see what they want.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

Thanks would you troll in the harbor or by the power plant. Both good options depends on day? Looking for a starting point since they are not too close.

mojogunter

Let us know how you did. I am heading out there tomorrow.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

Bite was slow. Power plant was muddy so no luck. Went to harbor trolled all over had some luck most bites on gold cranks. Most bites near bottom on lead lines a few on long lines. No luck on jigs.

mojogunter

We ended up with 5 browns and 4 coho. It was a little chilly on tuesday morning. Nothing big. Biggest brown was about 9lbs.

Attachments:
    1. 20160329_114406.jpg

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

You must have been fishing with Brian Settele. Where did you guys do the jigging? we just trolled mostly no luck jigging. We fished till noon on Monday.

mojogunter

Good call. I was fishing with Brian. He is a good guy. I don’t want to say where we were fishing and have 100 boats there for him next time out. I hope you understand. We weren’t jigging though.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Good call. I was fishing with Brian. He is a good guy. I don’t want to say where we were fishing and have 100 boats there for him next time out. I hope you understand. We weren’t jigging though.

100 boats??? that’s an understatement waytogo

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.