Mille Lacs Quickie Report

• Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

I was able to make it up to Malmo a week ago mostly to help on the farm and start getting ready for deer season… But I was able to make it out on the water for a couple hours on Saturday evening and again on Sunday morning.

Rather than dealing with 3′ rollers to make a run for the basin we decided to stick closer to shore and do a little pike and muskie trolling. It was a good decision and my dad boated as my dad landed his first muskie and it sure was fun watching he reel her in. Not to bad for a couple walleye guys!

Sunday morning we made a run to my favorite late summer basin area and before we could even get our 3rd line in the water we hooked up a double. Sure seemed like it was going to be a great morning but that was our last hit of the morning… I guess we shouldn’t have stopped in for coffee and to visit the Fishers on our way out and missed the early morning bite. doah

Overall I was very happy to get out and put my dad on a couple great fish since on my first Mille Lacs trip of the summer. For anyone looking to head up looking for ‘Eyes one last time this weekend they seem to be migrating to the deep shoreline breaks getting to head in for Fall.

Will

Attachments:
    1. Double.jpg

2. Dad_Muskie.jpg

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.