Big Fish out of Gills Rock

• jech84

Found some fish near Washington Island today. Ended up going 15 for 20 and boated my first 20 pounder. All fish came on spoons on down riggers. They hit what ever we put down but it seemed that green and black were key to larger fish. White glow worked well also. Fished 80 to 120 feet of water and most fish came from the bottom third of the water column.
    Lots of green crap in the water that was sticking to our lines and was almost impossible to get off. I know for sure it cost us 2 big fish because it would get caught in the eyelets and make it impossible to reel.

LimpFish
    Lino Lakes, Minnesota

Nice fish…thanks for the report. Sure gets the juices flowin’. Headin’ that way the end of this month (Rowley’s Bay). Can’t wait!

Jim

><(((>

orangewhip3x
    Blaine

That “green crap” is spiny water fleas…they’ve caused trouble many times over the years…the only good way to rid them is to have one of your boat partners flicking your line as it is coming in.

leon-ski

hi,am i right that big fish out of gills rock was posted from 2010 and not recently.I am leaving for the rock 7/20 so any info would help. thanks leon-ski.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.