Metro ice Report/Condtions

• purehd
    Newport mn

With most of the lakes or smaller lakes locked up already im sure some of you guys been out checking ice thickness..

Lets hear some reports!

dexknows
    Blackduck, MN / Minneapolis, MN

Went and checked some lakes in the east / northeast area yesterday.

Josephine has about 3 inches of good ice out about 100 yards. Didnt bother going out any further, would assume this week / weekend itll be good to go.

Phalen and Gervais is still wide open, along with Johanna for the most part.

Silver Lake in new brighton has about 4 inches out to 100 yards. I’ll probably wet a line out there later this week.

Hoping someone else went and did some checking, be interested to hear some thicknesses on other lakes!

Jerry Yang

Checked out a north east metro lake and it was fishable. Caught some close to the launch but any further was about an 1.5”. I was standing on 4.5 to 5 inches. Only about 100 yards from shore. Still have a bit.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Channel into paradise bay on prior only had two inches on Monday, will check tomorrow

Tanner Voeller
    Otsego MN

WEST METRO:

Schmidt lake has 5 inches

Green mountain has 6

Little Pulaski has 4

Beebe has 3-5

Constance has 3-6

Charlotte is iffy with 3

Little maple had around 4

phoyem
    Minneapolis

Thinking of hitting up Big Carnelian (just off the boatlaunch area) Sunday afternoon. Any ice or fishing reports for east metro? It’ll be my first time out this year.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.