Metro Ice

• Joel

Anyone been out on any metro lakes? I’m wondering if there will be ice to fish this weekend?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I don’t think so. Most larger lakes were still wide Open as recent as Sun. and Mon. There has not been much ice making Temps since then. Looking at the 10 day forecast I don’t think we will be out much before new years if even by then.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Just getting some ice skim on most metro ponds and small lakes.

Joel

Looks like I’m driving North

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

It is raining right now here in the metro. What little ice is on the small lakes and ponds looks to be in very poor shape.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

It is raining right now here in the metro. What little ice is on the small lakes and ponds looks to be in very poor shape.

X2, watching the pond outside the office give back what little ice it made flame flame flame Couple of here are getting grumpy about not getting out. Going to be a while yet to be safe in the metro it seems like

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

10 day looks decent for ice….. I hope lol

I see mostly upper 20S to lower 30″s for the highs with only 1 single digit night for a low. That’s not going to make much ice fast. Lets hope we don’t get much fresh snow on top of the little ice we have now. That will delay good ice even longer.

404 ERROR
    MN

Last weekend there was 3+” on a small lake in the south metro with a good bite of 8-10″ bluegills. I would not dare step back out there for a while now with the rain and snow…

Justin Karriker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Justin Karriker wrote:</div>
    10 day looks decent for ice….. I hope lol

I see mostly upper 20S to lower 30″s for the highs with only 1 single digit night for a low. That’s not going to make much ice fast. Lets hope we don’t get much fresh snow on top of the little ice we have now. That will delay good ice even longer.

Not fast, but it’s better than the inevitable deteriorating conditions after any ice we’ve gotten this far.

Trying to remain hopeful.

Trevor Ellingson
    Long Lake, MN

Found “walkable” ice this am in the west metro….for about 10 ft from shore. after that the spud bar was going through on the first hit. Hopefully another week and should be good on smaller lakes.

troutbum
    St. Paul

Forecast calling for 1-3″ friday night and 2-4″ saturday. Ugh.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Some shoreline ice but Mostly open water on White Bear.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

I drove a spud bar through 2″ of very questionable ice yesterday in the north metro. Overnight we had marginally freezing weather plus a few inches of snow – and I saw people out on the ice today…

I CATCH BIG FISH
    oakdale,mn

I saw people out fishing on Demontreville today!

Joel

I saw people on Eagle Lake and Fish Lake.

troutbum
    St. Paul

^^^^^^^^^
    Darwin getting some last minute things cheked off the To Do List before the New Year.

troutbum
    St. Paul

….this is getting painful.
    I just dont like fishing knowing the ice is questionable. Not relaxing at all. Which is why I do it.

PmB

People out on Crystal in burnsville

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I found 3-4 inches of solid ice on a small lake in the WBL/N. St. Paul area. About ten other people out there.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

found some decent ice on some ponds around my house. theres a smaller lake around me that is almost ready. forest lake area

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

….this is getting painful.
    I just dont like fishing knowing the ice is questionable. Not relaxing at all. Which is why I do it.

You’d love Lake Superior then. One day there’s 10″ the next day there’s white caps. grin

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Just fished bald eagle today. Had a solid 4-5 inches in every hole. I was only in the bay by the boat launch and had a good crowd out there with me. There was a few people fishing by the reed island off from the boat launch but no one further than that.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I was out even with the far end of the reed island on Bald Eagle. Still had 4 inches of solid ice. Fishing was very slow. Managed one small perch and it was the only mark I saw. Hoping to get out there mid week if the snow isn’t too horrible. The walk out is going to suck if we get a lot of snow.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Anyone know any ice thicknesses for the Forest Lake area, Big Marine and Clear?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.