All species are on the feed!

• Don Hanson

Just a quick update on the bite. The action is hot right now, anything you throw at them will work. I picked up some nice eyes but heres a picture of a double I had.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

A double of different species? Now I’m starting to wonder which of the two is the more aggressive?

Don Hanson

That is a good question kid. moments after landing those two I did land another smallie about the same size. I also pulled some slab crappies in the same ares.
    Today the fish were scattered out a bit more. Or maybe I was not adjusting to the wind. I did manage pulling a few eyes on a morning trip.

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Was that walleye caught on live bait or trolling Don. Did you have a chance to check out those spots I mentioned. They should be really starting to heat up. I haven’t had a chance to get out lately but plan on it soon. The sturgeon should also start biting on the river also. Steve

Don Hanson

Well maybe I should give a little more detail. The bite is hot right now but some locations are better than others. Contours are key, find the right depth and work the h–l out of it. Multiple species are coming to the boat trolling cranks. The tight turns of the contour is the spot on the spot. Eyes are being taken both cranks and live bait. I cruise by the spot you mention once in awhile. Numbers of small bass in there. See ya on the water, Don

stcroixer
    Croix Valley

Sturgeon?
    How big do they get and when is it legal to fish for them in WI?
    Thanks,
    STCROIXER

Don Hanson

The season runs from the fisrt Saturday in September thru Oct 15th. That was for the 06 season.

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Sturgeon get very large. I have seen a couple onw 63 and the other 68 inchs but there are larger ones.

TBAGGS999

DO YOU STILL RUN YOUR GUIDE SERVICE AND HOW CAN I GET A HOLD OF YOU.

Don Hanson

Yes I do, you can call me at 715-235-4652. Thanks, Don

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.