Marine Outboard Motors

• bigcrappie
    Blaine

You answered your own question.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

You answered your own question.

How did I answer my own question?

I asked if anyone has bought an outboard from the website.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I didn’t and won’t. Don’t care what brand outboard you buy, I’d be a bit concerned about alot of things buying something like that through a website.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

There have been guys on Walleye Central that have bought from them I think. I never would just because if it’s a scam you have no recourse except going over there and getting killed.

For me the bad far out weighs the good. I wouldn’t even buy from a West Coast shop unless I was picking it up personally.

JMO, your money, your choice.

tswoboda

I never would just because if it’s a scam you have no recourse except going over there and getting killed.

shock

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Pay with a credit card so you can dispute the charges if needed.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

going over there and getting killed.

LOL, have you ever been to Singapore, or even heard of it for that matter? If this company is truly based there It might not be a scam. It’s a small, very wealthy country with very little crime due to EXTREME penalties for even the smallest crimes. They heavily incentivize technology companies to do business there. They hate China and their official language is English. I hear they have wonderful food. My wife went there for business 2-3 times per year until the world lost its mind last year.

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>
    going over there and getting killed.

LOL, have you ever been to Singapore, or even heard of it for that matter?

Well it’s not ‘Murica so that makes it a 3rd world country right?

Also, Singapore:

Attachments:
    1. singapore.jpg

tim hurley

Called a ‘manicured society’

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I’ll agree that America is the best and I love America, but understand we’re not the only developed nation in the world. Hell, I don’t even agree with some of the policies I’ve seen come out of Singapore (check out their vehicle licensing and home ownership it’s insane), however to say it’s unsafe is just factually incorrect. They certainly aren’t as free as us though.

haleysgold
    SE MN

I bought a Suzuki 4 hp from that site in 2011.
    It was 300 less than I could find it anyplace around home.
    Shipped in OEM Suzuki box.
    No complaints from me.

tim hurley

LabDaddy1: look at your big toe nail, now Google ‘manicured toe-nail’ click ‘images’ Compare/contrast (please don’t share here!)
    Singapore used to have a law against chewing gum.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I personally have not but know a few people who have. Depending on motor size, keep in mind logistics. If a tractor pulls up with a 53’ trailer, how are you unloading it? Additionally, your getting a crated engine that is not prepped. More or less, it’s like getting a factory direct. So any set-up/prep that required is on you

Be sure to verify return policy AND as mentioned above use a credit card with a solid purchase protection plan

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

At least two people don’t agree with the positive comments above. Thought I would share.

Beware!!! SCAM !!!
    Beware!!! this “company” does not exist and is 100% a scam.

Just a scam with:
    – a 1800 cell phone number
    – a good website (since 2019)
    – a bank account in Indonesia
    – a fake TÜV quality certificate (from Germany)
    – an alleged warehouse in Singapore,
    which belongs to a company SUPRATECHNIC, representing the Mercury Asia agency.
    – a photomontage of all brands of advertising signs for Marine Outboard Motor.

Everything from A to Z is part of a well – planned scam,
    because no one from overseas has an engine got from Singapore.
    Everything on this website is a lie in order to cheat all customers out of their money.

I’m from Germany and I m in Export / Import Business for over 30 Years.
    I wanted to buy some Outboard´s there.
    To be sure, i asking many Questions there, but never were there any correct answers and no one could ever be reached by phone.
    I then asked a business partner from Singapore to check this company.

It turned out that Marine Outboard Motor don´t exist there.
    The warehouse belongs to the Asia agency of Mercury with the name SUPRATECHNIC.

There is not a single Yamaha engine there, only common models of Mercury engines.
    Employees of Supratechnic have confirmed that they are very familiar with this scam by an alleged
    Marine Outboard Motor.

There have been many complaints and reports from customers who were personally on site to pick up their paid for but never delivered engines. According to employees of Supratechnic, a file was created with the Singapore police about every fraud case that became known and a whole package was already handed over to Interpol.
    The employees of Supratechnic informed us that Mercury would never allow to deliver an engine to Europe, or the USA and certainly not to include a worldwide guarantee.

On the contrary, if an engine were to be inspected at an overseas dealer and the local dealer reported the engine number, then Supratechnic would get into a lot of trouble.
    For this reason there would be no sales to international customers.
    It takes a bit of criminal energy to establish such a scam.

The best thing about it is that some trust check websites have even classified the rating as mediocre. OMG.
    On the subject of TÜV Germany quality certificate, I have to say that I asked TÜV Süd here in Germany and the company MarineOutboardMotor is nowhere listed. (everything Fake)

The certificate shown is an obvious fake.
    Anyone who copies this photo and then enlarges it can also recognize this forgery.

The headline and the lower part are from the original (a bit blurry) and the text in the middle is clearly visible.

The advertising signs on the alleged warehouse wall are also a fake.

I have original pictures from the warehouse of the Mercury Asia representative SUPRATECHNIK at this address.
    But even there you can see that it is a photo montage, because all the lettering has a different size and inclination, the shadow is not right and the MarineOutboardMotor lettering has a lighter background and has been squeezed into it very squat.

In addition, there was never a delivery with a Hapag Lloyd container from Germany, just as there was never any sign of congruence on the Singapore department store.

Summary:
    This is a criminal who tries to fund his account in Indonesia with his scam website and never thinks about delivering anything.

The signs Mastercard, PayPal etc. are just photos that do not exist as a payment method when an order is placed.

If you switch the price from US dollars to euros when placing an order, the current exchange rate is 1.0 € = 1.41 $.
    Fantastic when you consider that the actual rate is € 1.0: $ 1.16. (a nice Dream for all Europeans)

I hope I was able to warn all potential interested parties in good time without you having already lost money.

This website belongs on the blacklist and the people responsible are behind bars.

TrustPilot

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Two people who replied to my question gave useful information.

Thank you Haleysgold and Brian.

I’ll make sure to avoid Singapore the next time I travel.

I like chewing gum too much…

haleysgold
    SE MN

I had to chuckle at Kraig’s response.
    You’re Welcome!

Before I posted, I reread the responses since most of them ran so far off track, I couldn’t remember wth his original question was.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.