Marcum LX-7 question ( Lithium battery ) .

• fireline
    Rochester

I have about a three year old LX-7 .I need a new battery and am thinking of getting a lithium battery for it . Here is my question . Do I need to buy the battery charge for the lithium battery or will the LX-7 system work without damage to the battery ? Thanks P.S. $150.00 is a lot of money to screw things up .

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m almost positive you must get the charger but others that know for sure will chime in. The ice force batt indicates you must get different charger.

bee
    Maine

I’m almost positive you must get the charger but others that know for sure will chime in. The ice force batt indicates you must get different charger.

I use a lithium 4.5 amp battery and it does not need a different charger. Cost 60.00. Has never gone dead this is my third year.

Josh Bothum

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

I use a lithium 4.5 amp battery and it does not need a different charger. Cost 60.00. Has never gone dead this is my third year.

Your battery cost $60.00 or your charger cost that much? If your battery cost $60.00 where did you get it how what are your thoughts on the performance of your lithium vs reg battery.

Thank you.

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

I have about a three year old LX-7 .I need a new battery and am thinking of getting a lithium battery for it . Here is my question . Do I need to buy the battery charge for the lithium battery or will the LX-7 system work without damage to the battery ? Thanks P.S. $150.00 is a lot of money to screw things up .

fire line you deffinately need a lithium charger for the lithium battery both the battery and charger are listed on rapalas web sight.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Even your link has separate chargers for lithium bee…
    A regular charger will work but it does not give a 100% charge…

Crappy Fisherman

While you can use a Lead acid battery charger to charge them it will not fully charge them. The cheaper Lithium batteries don’t have charging protection built in and could be pron to burn up if not charged with a Lithium charger. Even the good Lithium batteries can go bad and burn up. I’ve been using a K2 Lithium Phosphate battery for 3 years and it is great. I can go a long time on a charge and it charges up fast. I just bought a Chinese Lithium on eBay ( 12 volt,16 amp hour ) for $65.00. It’s the same size as a 9 amp lead acid locator battery but weighs 2.4 lbs. I tested it by running a hds 12 off it for 8 hours. The voltage never dropped and it only took 3 hours to charge it so the amp hour rating must be close. I don’t plan to leave it unattended on the charger. I bought it on a whim, only time will tell if I got a good deal. I plan to use it in my underwater camera. Bottom line be carefull buying Lithium batteries.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

While you can use a Lead acid battery charger to charge them it will not fully charge them. The cheaper Lithium batteries don’t have charging protection built in and could be pron to burn up if not charged with a Lithium charger. Even the good Lithium batteries can go bad and burn up. I’ve been using a K2 Lithium Phosphate battery for 3 years and it is great. I can go a long time on a charge and it charges up fast. I just bought a Chinese Lithium on eBay ( 12 volt,16 amp hour ) for $65.00. It’s the same size as a 9 amp lead acid locator battery but weighs 2.4 lbs. I tested it by running a hds 12 off it for 8 hours. The voltage never dropped and it only took 3 hours to charge it so the amp hour rating must be close. I don’t plan to leave it unattended on the charger. I bought it on a whim, only time will tell if I got a good deal. I plan to use it in my underwater camera. Bottom line be carefull buying Lithium batteries.

Do you have a link or seller name to that battery for $65?

Crappy Fisherman

Sorry they are no longer available. Wish I had bought 2.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.