Marcum LX-7 in shallow water

• fireline
    Rochester

Can the LX5 be upgraded too ?

Kfactor

No I think it’s only the Digital series lx6 and lx7

Eskimo2566

I had the same issues last season. Haven’t had it out yet this year. Aside from that, love it. Caught more fish than my 2 buddies using vexilars. Hopefully the update fixes the issue. When you spend that kind of money, you don’t expect to have silly problems.

luke

Anybody got an update on when marcum will release the update?

wgorby
    Greenville, Michigan

This is from another thread on here dated 1/8/2016…

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

So much for a January update… I am planning on a trip this weekend. This may be my only one for the rest of the season, because of school and work schedule. Pretty disappointed… (

Kfactor

I thought it would have been out already . Ice fishing is going to be over befor it comes out lol

Aaron Drier

Has anyone heard from Marcum on this lately, I’ve tried to contact customer support, last week and yet again yesterday with all lines busy. I’m gearing up for Upper Red, next Monday thru Wednesday.

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

Same here, going to be fishing Shallow lakes in two weeks, and it would sure be nice to have the update soon.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I was told by Marcum it was very close to release a few weeks ago, the testers might have found some bugs that will need to be fixed now though? just speculating for why the delay…

jon morris

i was just in sd this past weekend, i also read this forum where some people put it in open water mode. I was fishing in like 5-6ft of water in open water mode and it worked just fine. I had the transducer barely in the water and it would pick my jig up about 1.5 ft down. I suggest trying that if you are going to be fishing anything less than 6 ft. I was running the lx-7 and lx-9

Drumshooter
    NULL

Open water mode and gain up higher than normal does seem to work.

Steve Kuyper

Just was at Marcum and asked about the Update, Still being testing, They did say to have the top of the transducer out of the water and it should work fine, I question it, And I said even with 2 ft of ice they said yes, Something to try,

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Just was at Marcum and asked about the Update, Still being testing, They did say to have the top of the transducer out of the water and it should work fine, I question it, And I said even with 2 ft of ice they said yes, Something to try,

Also makes it easier to reel in fish when your duecer isn’t way down the hole.

My duecer is always shallow and only gradually gets deeper at the ice thickens. Usually 1/3 ice thickness is my duecer cord length.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

I hope when the update comes they address gradation of the sensitivity control. When I adjust sensitivity from 2 to 3. 3 is too strong. The previous update was better with gradation of the sensitivity.
    Bob

address gradation of the sensitivity control.

The truth of the matter is, if you give up the knob, you give up a lot when ice fishing. I’m guessing the digital Marcum’s hardware implementation is difficult to ‘tune’ to make the buttons work well under every condition necessary, especially when most users have had a long standing and intimate relationship with the knob.

Brian Anderson
    Eden Prairie, MN

Hopefully this update helps with my issues I had this last weekend with mine. 2 weeks ago was up on Mille Lacs and it worked perfectly. This last weekend I used it and it wouldnt mark bottom at times, depths would jump all over the place, bottom would jump all over. The only thing I found to help was to run it in 8 degree cone instead of 20 degree and really tone down the sensitivity (I was fishing anywhere between 15-30 fow) My batteries are new and were totally charged……..I dunno I had a bad weekend with gear P

-b-

evobassfish

Hopefully this update helps with my issues I had this last weekend with mine. 2 weeks ago was up on Mille Lacs and it worked perfectly. This last weekend I used it and it wouldnt mark bottom at times, depths would jump all over the place, bottom would jump all over. The only thing I found to help was to run it in 8 degree cone instead of 20 degree and really tone down the sensitivity (I was fishing anywhere between 15-30 fow) My batteries are new and were totally charged……..I dunno I had a bad weekend with gear P

-b-

Only time i get the bottom jumping around us when its in auto or dynamic mode. I strictly use manual mode now until marcum fixes the issue.

Brian Anderson
    Eden Prairie, MN

I switched it to manual as well, still had issues with the 20 degree cone angle though

Viewing 20 posts - 31 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.