Marcum LX-6s won't show on PC when updating Firmware

• FlyRock

Hi all,
    I’m a newbie to the Marcum world and have had only 15 years of trouble free experience with a Vexillar FL-18 to compare to. I just received the LX-6s today and thought I would upgrade the firmware from 4.07 to the current version 5.10 before heading out to play. While following the instructions exactly, I cannot get the Marcum to show up on any of three computers I have, with both Windows 7 and Windows 10, and using two different USB cables that work on other cameras and GPS units.

I gave the unit several minutes (10), to come up on the computers with no success.

Have any of you had any similar problems or possibly any tips to offer?

Thanks,

Flyrock

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

Had the same issue, had to do it on a different computer.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

When you say “show up”… do you mean on the desktop….. or when you look for it in the drive, under the PC section of the file explorer (on Win10) ?

It did not show up on my desktop…I had to look it up and go from there….Worked fine then….

FlyRock

Thanks Joe and Mudshark. I have tried it on three different computers and on both Win 7 and Win 10 operating systems. What I mean by showing up, is that it is not recognized in either My Computer (Win 7), or This PC (Win 10). I also checked in Device Manager and Disk Management to be sure. I do not get an Icon in my system tray either, the up arrow in lower right corner, that would indicate that a USB storage device is plugged in. When I test the same cable on a Garmin GPS it is recognized instantly. Thanks again for your responses.

FlyRock

Joe, I see your issues on another post, sorry to hear that you had such a rough time getting things working on your devices. That kind of scares me a little too. I emailed them and got a reply from them stating that the problem may be that I do not have a “USB 2.0 cable”. I verified that I do by checking the label on the cable. I then proved that it worked worked by testing on a Garmin GPS. I was very skeptical on going with a digital unit for this very reason. It makes a man rather grumpy to spend that kind of money on a unit and then spend more to send it right back to the manufacturer after only using it in simulator mode for 5 minutes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.