Manhunt in Maine

• Deuces

Lock it down so the enforcement folks can firm things up on their end. General sweep, cover obvious spots, and probably some pretty intense digging on the back end rn of the likelihood his suicide note was authentic or just a narrative the shooter wanted.

How’s the fall colors over in Maine? Not sure where this is situated in the state nor have read anything else I’ve seen here but that could play a pretty big factor on people coming and going.

Ripjiggen

I think the public safety of the city right now is a little more important than walking your dog.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

At the end of the day, the problem is the human heart.

Sylvanboat

There was a time you would put a bounty on his head-dead or alive. And send out possies.

Curt

They are urged to stay indoors, not required.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The suspect Robert Card has been found dead. Manhunt is over.

isu22andy

The suspect Robert Card has been found dead. Manhunt is over.

Too bad he got out so easy …

Brittman

If you are religious person I am not so sure Card will get off that easy.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

At some point it is. I love hunting and my guns as much as the next guy. Maybe there needs to be some regulation. If the guys walking around with his dads REM 870 sure people would still get killed but not they way they can pile them up now. If all you AR lovers can have your damn guns that blow people to bits and shoot a zillion rounds a minute why cant I have a flame thrower and a rocket launcher and claim they are for hunting.

This is one of the most uneducated, absurd arguments I’ve ever read. You can have a flamethrower. You can have a rocket launcher, there are no laws stopping you only taxes and paperwork standing between you and the explosives. Elon musk was selling flamethrowers to find his boring company, not to mention you can just buy them at Menards.

You think modern sporting rifles are scary because the news tells you they are.

Ripjiggen

Thoughts and prayers to all it may have affected. Can’t imagine what that would be like if it happened in my home town.

CaptainMusky

Why dont they just kill themselves and be done with it? Instead they kill innocent people and then themselves. Why ruin a bunch of other lives other than your own?

isu22andy

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>isu22andy wrote:</div>

Why dont they just kill themselves and be done with it? Instead they kill innocent people and then themselves. Why ruin a bunch of other lives other than your own?

Idk – but being burned alive in a cage if caught would be a good deterrent I’d sure think .

CaptainMusky

Idk – but being burned alive in a cage if caught would be a good deterrent I’d sure think .

That wasnt even close to what my question was.

isu22andy

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>isu22andy wrote:</div>

That wasnt even close to what my question was.

I know, it’s just disappointing to me they get off so easy all the time .

CaptainMusky

I agree with that, but why the senseless killing of innocent people if they are just going to kill themselves anyway?

Jimmy Jones

These people probably feel as though they were nothing in life, with no recognition and want to go out being remembered for anything including horror like this. Sick mentality for sure.

wkw

He said he had “voices in his head”, remember ?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

These people probably feel as though they were nothing in life, with no recognition and want to go out being remembered for anything including horror like this. Sick mentality for sure.

The media gets blamed for a lot of things these days, but this is one thing I’ve harped on forever. Sitting in my living room in Minnesota I have ZERO need to know this clowns name or what he looks like. The media is giving him his 15 minutes of fame at the expense of those people he shot up. Why? To sell some newspapers? Get some people to tune into your story on the TV? This story can be written just as well without seeing a photo or knowing the guys name. When he gets to hell they won’t care who he is.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

You think modern sporting rifles are scary because the news tells you they are.

No doubt about it. The media and the news hype it up as a weapon of war that only has a use in mass killings.

The reality is that handguns cause far more accidents and gun violence than the rifle does and its not even close. But covering and hyping up a handgun doesn’t draw ratings, so they don’t do it. If gun control advocates wanted to go after the bigger problem, they would go after the handgun, not the rifle. And yet all you hear is more regulation on ARs and their magazine capacity.

Jimmy Jones

On the media Dutch, I agree 100%. I don’t need to know who he is/was. I don’t need to know anything more than “he’s dead” and I certainly don’t need to know how he got that way.

The media gets blamed for a lot of things these days, but this is one thing I’ve harped on forever. Sitting in my living room in Minnesota I have ZERO need to know this clowns name or what he looks like. The media is giving him his 15 minutes of fame at the expense of those people he shot up.

Social media goes a long way to keeping this idiot alive in the eyes of those he’s wronged. Here’s a “for instance”. “The suspect Robert Card has been found dead.” Just a few posts ahead of your Dutch.

jwellsy

Sounds like a classic MK Ultra Selective Serotonin Reuptake inhibitor event.

Viewing 22 posts - 31 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.