Mandatory masks!?

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Just wear a mask in public places and be safe.

I would even go further than that and say public INDOOR places. Its not difficult to socially distance outdoors here in MN. We have plenty of outdoor space for everyone.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

SO bigcrappie, it is fair to say that you have been lead to believe that wearing masks will help STOP the spread? or do you mean SLOW the spread? if so, how slow is appropriate then?

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I would say as slow as realistically possible until we know if there is any immunity gained from infection. I still have not come across anything that says either way.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

if there’s even a chance it helps isn’t that worth the minor inconvenience to wear a mask? geesh some of you guys act like they are asking you to cut off your right leg.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Some of you guys are incredibly entertaining

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

if there’s even a chance it helps isn’t that worth the minor inconvenience to wear a mask? geesh some of you guys act like they are asking you to cut off your right leg.

Is there a chance it will help with any airborn virus/pathogen? Flu season? if it helps at all shouldn’t we always be mandated to wear them? I’m mean where’s the harm?

Fish To Escape

6 months later and we have come full circle to “it is the flu”

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mplspug wrote:</div>
    Stop with the lies. The orange man you fear never called the pandemic a hoax.

No he called the pandemic the new Democratic Hoax .

Closer, but still incorrect.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

come on dude. that is not what i said and you know it. Who is the MF’er that gets to draw the line on this $hit. that’s the point!!

Fish To Escape

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Don Meier wrote:</div>

Stop with the lies. The orange man you fear never called the pandemic a hoax.

No he called the pandemic the new Democratic Hoax .

Closer, but still incorrect.

I believe he called democrats criticism of the response “the new hoax.” He then said we have 15 cases and were doing great

Fish To Escape

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Fish To Escape wrote:</div>

come on dude. that is not what i said and you know it. Who is the MF’er that gets to draw the line on this $hit. that’s the point!!

I know that isn’t what you said but you did draw a comparison. It is all moot at this point as it looks like the mandate was just put in place. As we all believe in law and order that should be the end of it

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

The end of the mandate was announced then I am sure? The new goal posts?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

You believe? You got that from Snopes. But yes, the dem criticism was their new hoax, referring to all the other “hoaxes” they brought before.

Fish To Escape

You believe? You got that from Snopes. But yes, the dem criticism was their new hoax, referring to all the other “hoaxes” they brought before.

I think I was agreeing with you? The “I believe” was because I had looked it up/fact checked that claim a long time ago and was going by memory from reading the full quote

Great Laker

amen brotha!

Go Spuds

What I dont understand is even if everyone wearing masks is SLIGHTY effective-or keeps a handful of people from getting sick…what is the argument and why the visceral response? Wear a mask-simple. Seems like an easy and hopefully very short term sacrifice.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I think I was agreeing with you? The “I believe” was because I had looked it up/fact checked that claim a long time ago and was going by memory from reading the full quote

Fair enough.

In any event it what was actually said has been cleared up. I’ll stop there so the thread doesn’t get locked.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I think there is a silent majority who agree with Suzuki. Especially once you get out of the cities. Count me as one of them.

-J.

Bingo! It’s a different attitude up here in Nevis.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brad Dimond wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>McCloud wrote:</div>
    MAGA

Make America Grateful Again!

What a long strange trip its been

You nailed it. Best comment on this entire thread.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’ve typed and deleted in this thread numerous times without posting. I was enjoying the entertainment too much.

Here’s something worth reading.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/07/commentary-my-views-cloth-face-coverings-public-preventing-covid-19

At the outset, I want to make several points crystal clear:

I support the wearing of cloth face coverings (masks) by the general public.

Stop citing CIDRAP and me as grounds to not wear masks, whether mandated or not.

Don’t, however, use the wearing of cloth face coverings as an excuse to decrease other crucial, likely more effective, protective steps, like physical distancing

Also, don’t use poorly conducted studies to support a contention that wearing cloth face coverings will drive the pandemic into the ground. But even if they reduce infection risk somewhat, wearing them can be important.

Great Laker

Can’t help but laugh at all the conspiracy theorists and the people saying they know better than doctors, nurses, microbiologists, scientists, epidemiologists, and the CDC. Its ironic because many of the conspiracy theorists and anti-maskers are people who barely passed high school science class, yet are the first to offer their opinions on why masks aren’t needed.

“So you’re just going to blindly listen to the CDC without doing your own research?”

Yes… absolutely. What research am I going to do that is going to be more valid or valuable than research from a government agency that spends $6.5 BILLION a year on studying diseases and disease transmission? Do you honestly think your google skills are worth $6.5 billion a year of scientific research? It is in everyone’s best interest to listen to the CDC and follow their guidelines and recommendations. Wear a mask! It’s literally easier to wear a mask than debate about it. That’s how easy it is. Stop being selfish and do the easiest thing you can do to help prevent the spread and help people not die. Remember, its not about you, its about us. Even Trump finally came around and is encouraging mask use… never thought I’d see the day – only took about 4 months.

I don’t need to hear another reason for why you don’t want to wear a mask.. I don’t have the energy to deal with another living, breathing Dunning-Kruger graph.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Can’t help but laugh at all the conspiracy theorists and the people saying they know better than doctors, nurses, microbiologists, scientists, epidemiologists, and the CDC. Its ironic because many of the conspiracy theorists and anti-maskers are people who barely passed high school science class, yet are the first to offer their opinions on why masks aren’t needed.

“So you’re just going to blindly listen to the CDC without doing your own research?”

Yes… absolutely. What research am I going to do that is going to be more valid or valuable than research from a government agency that spends $6.5 BILLION a year on studying diseases and disease transmission? Do you honestly think your google skills are worth $6.5 billion a year of scientific research? It is in everyone’s best interest to listen to the CDC and follow their guidelines and recommendations. Wear a mask! It’s literally easier to wear a mask than debate about it. That’s how easy it is. Stop being selfish and do the easiest thing you can do to help prevent the spread and help people not die. Remember, its not about you, its about us. Even Trump finally came around and is encouraging mask use… never thought I’d see the day – only took about 4 months.

I don’t need to hear another reason for why you don’t want to wear a mask.. I don’t have the energy to deal with another living, breathing Dunning-Kruger graph.

While i agree with some of your sentiments and criticisms its a little hard to qualify that statement isn’t it? If youre gonna take a strong hard line stance, particularly against the majority, its always good to make statements you can validate

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Here is what I see as a DT ST Paul Office worker here every weekday. There has been a face mask law in effect for over a month now.

Most people wear some type of face covering. Few, very few wear a what I would consider an effective mask. Most just cover their chin and mouth. Many wear loose fitting cloth coverings like a bandana. Most are too big or too small. Some are just a joke you buy off Amazon. Like a Pig nose that only covers your nose. Or a clown mask just to tick others off.

Then there is “Did I just see that!!” People quickly pulling off their mask to sneeze or cough!! Most pull them off when walking/talking on their cell phone. Probably the WORST is 100% of the uniformed St Paul Police NEVER wear a mask. Never!! I guess some experts would call these people Super Spreaders.

Unless the state requires some sort of training class on how to wear them and then provide everyone with a supply of correct size medical grade masks, it’s just an exercise in looking stupid.

-J.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Do you honestly think your google skills are worth $6.5 billion a year of scientific research?

Sorry, if this is what we get for $6.5 B a year, we have been taken to the woodshed…. smash

-J.

Ripjiggen

You literally copy and pasted this whole statement right off a Facebook post circulating. rotflol

JEREMY
    BP

anti-maskers are people who barely passed high school science class,

So because I don’t wear a mask means me aren’t smart enough fer scyence claas and probli bearli gradeated. Wonder how my dad made a living as an engineer, he don’t wear one either.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Unless the state requires some sort of training class on how to wear them and then provide everyone with a supply of correct size medical grade masks, it’s just an exercise in looking stupid.

One more thought on this one and the annual $6.5 Billion…..

The Feds should just come out and say we really don’t know if wearing a mask will help or not with the current Covid situation. But we do want to use this as an opportunity to train the population on how to deal with an actual viral emergency. (Like a virus that basically kills everyone who gets it in short order. No treatment, no cure, dead in a day.) Then spend the $6.5 B on creating a supply and training program for everyone in the country. It’s plainly obvious there was no real plan in place to deal with this pandemic. (And the $6.5B is wasted money.)

-J.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jon Jordan wrote:</div>
    I think there is a silent majority who agree with Suzuki. Especially once you get out of the cities. Count me as one of them.

-J.

Bingo! It’s a different attitude up here in Nevis.

Same attitude all around Mille Lacs area. Some establishments you step into particularly if there’s a meat raffle going are packed with non-mask wearing folks, even the bartenders are open faced.

It’ll be interesting if/what changes once the state mandate goes into affect.

What a long strange trip its been

I got an inkling this “strange trip” is far from being over.

In fact I’m sure it’ll only get more strange as this trip continues.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

See it all the time deep state conspiracy ? Makes me laugh to even think that men and women who have devoted their lives to science and medicine are somehow part of a giant conspiracy theory to TAKE AWAY a perceived freedom .

Viewing 30 posts - 271 through 300 (of 399 total)

The topic ‘Mandatory masks!?’ is closed to new replies.