Lx7 upgrade

• Spencer Haugen

Hi fellas I am skeptical on sending my 7 in to upgrade it to the 9 and get the camera. I am curious when they upgrade it does it have the heads up display like the nine and is it well worth the money or is it better to get a different camera like the pan cam or any of the micro series from A.V thanks for the help

brian schultz
    Minot, ND

Here is my take on cameras. I don’t like them. I do a lot of dusk to night walleye fishing and cameras don’t work very well when the sun starts to go down. Also you have that long cord hanging down just waiting for a fish to get wrapped up in it. I bought a used camera for my 6 year old to use and even she didn’t like it. She wanted to use my fl-18. The only time I see one using one would be to find structure to fish on. They are great for finding humps that have rocks on them etc. There are a lot of people that use them and like them I just don’t. I think a person is better off with a mapping unit to find structure and a good flasher. I use a LX-7 and love the unit and have never thought I would also use a camera

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

Spencer your upgrade will include all features listed in the 9. I personally love mine and really like having the camera all in one and if your not choosing to use it for a particular day or outing, it litterly takes seconds to disconnect and tuck away until next time. Everyone’s gonna have a difference of opinion here it’s really that simple it also depends on your individual fishing style approach ect.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Spencer your upgrade will include all features listed in the 9. I personally love mine and really like having the camera all in one and if your not choosing to use it for a particular day or outing, it litterly takes seconds to disconnect and tuck away until next time. Everyone’s gonna have a difference of opinion here it’s really that simple it also depends on your individual fishing style approach ect.

agree with this completely, love my LX-9, especially the DVR feature

big_g
    Isle, MN

Cameras are alot of fun…. and really open up your understanding of “what/where” you are fishing and how fish react to your jig/lure movements. waytogo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.