LX7 Shallow water

• muskynate27

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get my LX7 to read better in shallow water? I’m talking 6ft or less… I have the transducer high in the hole…open water mode…sensitivity on 5, and either my bait is showing a huge mark or nothing at all…very inconsistent. I have not downloaded 5.10 mainly because I have a friend that did, and his LX7 reads even worse than mine.

I’m not trying to start a debate over brands, but it is frustrating seeing an FL-28 getting a great reading, and my LX7 not picking up anything.

Thanks for any help
    Nate

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

What angle degree cone are you on?? 8 or 20, what do you have your target adjust set at?? lower your transducer down to the bottom edge of ice.

muskynate27

I have it on 8…it won’t pick up my jig on 20. If I lower the transducer in the hole it will go from 5-6ft of water to 3-4, and not pick up anything.

it is frustrating seeing an FL-28 getting a great reading

I’ve seen improved performance with the update. You might want to reconsider that! )

That said, there’s not a chance it’ll read reliably near the ducer like a vex running the 9degree ducer will.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Install the update….

Skol
    Lake City

X3… Update your unit!

Slabhunter

Why on Open Water Mode? Did you try the ice mode? I have the Updgrade loaded on mine and saw great improvement in shallow water 5ft on early ice but ice was only 2-3″ thick…had it in ice mode. Never tried it in only 3-4ft of water below the ice…and prob never will.

keppenhiemer
    (507) MN

I have the most recent update for the lx7 and have issues in water >5′ as well! it was very frustrating because I panfish in very shallow water. I have tried all sorts of adjustments but the only fix to this problem for me was to buy a used fl8 for shallow water use.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.