LX7

• Ryan J. Shuff

I just purchased the LX7 and was trying to find some how to videos and articles. I would like to make the flasher dial larger. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kent Tau

Turn off all other graphs

Bryan Myers

If you turn all the other views, like vertical zoom, or chart mode off and only leave the flasher on, it will make the flasher bigger on the screen.

ERIKJ
    Chaska, MN

Curious why buy an LX7 if you are not going to use graph and or zoom bars. They display things as well as and with more information than the flasher screen which is just designed to look like a Vex. Just wondering.

Kent Tau

Curious why buy an LX7 if you are not going to use graph and or zoom bars. They display things as well as and with more information than the flasher screen which is just designed to look like a Vex. Just wondering.

Easier on the eyes. Digital…I am one of those people that only uses just the flasher dial. The only other button I touch is IR Sensitivity and depth. Everything else is set it and forget it.

ERIKJ
    Chaska, MN

I see that Kent. I just wanted peoples thoughts on this because we all look at things differently. I never had a flasher. I always used a graph from the boat on ice and got used to that. I liked the history, quietness, ability to see reactions and if I looked away for a second then I could catch back up. People with flashers caught as many, or more fish, than me at the same time. Maybe because they were always more focused on the “now” and I was lazy. I just moved up from my “boat” graph to an LX6 and I am looking forward to using it and curious to why people used different displays. Thanks.

Kent Tau

I see that Kent. I just wanted peoples thoughts on this because we all look at things differently. I never had a flasher. I always used a graph from the boat on ice and got used to that. I liked the history, quietness, ability to see reactions and if I looked away for a second then I could catch back up. People with flashers caught as many, or more fish, than me at the same time. Maybe because they were always more focused on the “now” and I was lazy. I just moved up from my “boat” graph to an LX6 and I am looking forward to using it and curious to why people used different displays. Thanks.

Before the lx7 I had the lx3tc. I didn’t notice the difference till I had the lx7. I now own the lx7 and flx28. I switch them off time to time. I will have to try just the graph mode to see how it is.

ps0345

I love the Graph zoom and vertical display when going after bottom huggers. It is tough to get away from the traditional flasher, but it is nice to have other options based on how the fish are biting

Brett Erickson
    Maple Grove,MN

I have the Lx-6 and yes it takes some getting used to having the other capabilities, but once you get the hang of it they are great to have. Like ps0345 said, when fishing some bottom huggers or fish that are hanging almost exclusively in the bottom few feet, the vertical zoom is great, especially when you pair that with the full flasher

big_g
    Isle, MN

The dial is for locating them in the column… the zoom is for enticing them grin

gbfan10
    Hastings, mn

Wouldn’t it be cool if they added an option to made the dial that contains the flashing colors larger or wider?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.