Bilge pump 1994 Pro-V

• midnight
    Grand Rapids, MN

When I switch on the bilge I do not hear anything. I usually check everytime I load the boat. I used to hear it turn on and now nothing. Planning a camping trip to Rainy late August and don’t really want to have any issues. The light on the switch comes on so there appears to be power to the switch. Any idea, blown fuse??, bad pump??? If it is a fuse any idea which one, have been looking for a fuse diagram but not having any luck. Kind of an out there question but thought someone may have some knowledge. Thanks.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Open up your fuse panel and take a look at the back side of the cover. It should have a listing for every fuse in there.
    Pull the fuse listed for the bilge and check. If its not the fuse, then you may need to replace the pump cartridge, which is also an easy, quick & simple fix.

philput
    Knoxville, IL.

Go to the bilge itself it should twist & open or just a couple of plastic clips holding it together, there could be something in it not allowing it to spin that was sucked thru your bilge it doesn’t take much to lock it up. From past experience I’ve seen sunflower seed, string from towels, sand, small rocks stop mine! easy fix just clean it up & put it back together! If that doesn’t fix it get your test light out to see if you have power to the pump! Depending on what you get for a bilge pump they really reasonably priced & east to install!! Good luck!!

midnight
    Grand Rapids, MN

Thanks for the response, problem is the original fuse panel is not on it, when I bought the boat the previous owner had broken the cover and replaced it with a piece of plexiglass. I have been looking on line for a diagram with no luck, maybe I will stop at the marine dealer and see if they can let me know which one it is.

guthook1
    Lake Nebagamon Wisconsin

1994 might not have the cartridge type bilge pump. It isn’t much fun trying to remove/install pump via the small access hole.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

You could pull each fuse and check to see if its blown. There’s not a lot of them in there. (maybe 15 or so)

Any that are blown will need to be replaced anyway and its not much work to pull a fuse, look at it and put it back in. Maybe 10 minutes to pull & replace them all.

This is common boat maintenance that you really should learn how to do.

midnight
    Grand Rapids, MN

My plan was to pull each fuse if I could not figure out exactly which one it is. Just trying to save a little time if possible.

timmy

First thing I would try is locating your grounding bar and checking all connections on it. I have had his same problem several times and it was a bad ground all but one time. The other time it was fishing line wrapped arohnd the impeller. Easy check, easy fix.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

All the things the guys have posted above are good things for every boat owner to know how to do. None of them are very hard either. Just a matter of doing it once or twice.

Jim Kissinger
    Markesan WI

instead of pulling all the fuses take a test light hook the ground on a good ground then chec each side of the fuses while in the block that way u know you have power going thru the fuse example if fuse blown one side will be hot the other dead the reason u need to do this is saves time and if u have corrision u will know that its causing the problem i have had 8 ayear with corroded contacts and the fuse good I work for a lund dealer and there is not pump like the one you have in the boat you will probably have to replace the whole pump if its the original

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

Above comment is correct if you have the original pump installed in your boat yet, you have to replace the whole pump. I cant remember the name, old age I guess . Go to the pump itself and their will be two leads on it. Disconnect them and test the lines with a test light when you have the switch on. If you have power then you know that either the pump is dirty and the impellor is stuck or the pump just went bad. If it was me I would probably just change the pump out if the testing shows you have power to it. They are sometimes not the easiest things to replace, but it is cheap insurance in the end knowing that you have a new pump installed.

midnight
    Grand Rapids, MN

The pump was bad, had it fixed yesterday. Also replaced both live well pumps as well, I assume they were all original so just some basic piece of mind maintenance. Now all I need is some time to go fishing!!

reb
    SE Wisconsin

What pump/pumps did you use? OEM? Did you have a LUND Dealer do the install or?

Thanks,

Reb

midnight
    Grand Rapids, MN

I had the Lund/Marine dealer do the install, just not my cup of tea and wanted to make sure everything was done correctly. Hoping to get out soon to make sure everything is working correctly!!!

folke2000

This is what I have on the back of the panel on my 1995 Lund Pro V….

Folke

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.