1825 Pro Guide

• Palerider77

I am looking to get back into a tiller boat, and I am between this and a Ranger 618t. I will be putting a Yamaha with power steering on it, and am looking for reviews, comments, concerns from those who own one or have fished one, please tell me what you think. Thanks!

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

These are both pretty nice boats, so the preference of fiberglass versus aluminum is your call. I would perhaps try to get a test drive in both.

I do know people that have the 618T wishes Ranger would upgrade the model so you can have a 115 on it, but otherwise I have heard only good things about it.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Storage on the Ranger will be much better and will keep your gear dry better than the Lund will.

wormdunker

Good Point, this is probably the most over looked benefit of a Glass Boat. My experience is with Ranger. I have not owned an aluminum boat since the early 90’s. The quiet soft ride is evident when you test ride glass boats in general. In my opinion Ranger takes it a step further. the foam filled hull silences waves.
    But honestly the length they go to keep gear dry is very impressive. The only thing an owner needs to watch is the compression that the lid lock holds on the deck of the boat. The deck lid lock should not be an easy twist turn to hold the lid down. Ideally the deck lid needs to compress he gasket. If set up properly you will never have wet, rusty, moldy gear. If you put something wet in the locker make sure you open it so it can air out after use.
    Dry storage is a great feature to consider when buying a boat. It just makes every thing easier each time you come home from or go to the lake.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

I am looking to get back into a tiller boat, and I am between this and a Ranger 618t. I will be putting a Yamaha with power steering on it, and am looking for reviews, comments, concerns from those who own one or have fished one, please tell me what you think. Thanks!

As someone who has fished a ton out of both a Pro Guide and a Skeeter. I say Ranger all the way. My Dad’s Pro Guide fishes nice, but it is no glass hull.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Ben bought a 1825 Pro Guide with a Merc 90 4S.

He took delivery in 04/12.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Gotta love Adley pointless comment to revive a dead post…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Adley…er ADvertisinyly has left the building.

Thanks for the heads up Brian P. I can’t be everywhere…and fishing too.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

I deleted Adley’s post BTW.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for the heads up Brian P. I can’t be everywhere…and fishing too.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Something was very “fishy” with Adley.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.