Lund floatation areas

• dan gunther

Hi – 1999 Lund Alaskan 18 ft. Floatation is water logged. looking at redoing it all. Looks like I can access by pulling floor and the top of the side storage areas. Does anyone know if there is also floatation in the area under the splash guard by the transom? This area is all metal and riveted, so no easy access to replace. Right now, the boat is about 200 lbs heavier than it should be and the stern sits heavy in the water.
    Any and all input welcome….
    Thanks
    Dan

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

My 1996 Lund Pro V had floatation built in under the splash well. I had to replace the transom support braces that attached to the transom and splash well. The middle of my splashwell was accessable (bilge pump) but the sides had the floatation. I couldn’t access the other sides of the supports to bolt in the new transom supports. I ended up cutting through the splashwells and added an access panel to both sides of the splashwell. I had to cut out some of the floatations so I could tighten the bolts. The access panels I used were the same as Lund had for the Bilge pump access. It was a total PITA. I think the only way to try and replace the floatation back there would be to remove the splashwell.

MX1825

If it is that waterlogged how is the transom?

dan gunther

transom seems fine, no stress marks in the metal, everything still solid. 215 lb Honda 50 HP sitting on it, no problems that I can see. No leaks, just water logged from years of use. I’d like to get all original floatation out as I assume it’s all soaked.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.